Low fps on with Reforged ON

Hello my hardware is ryzen 5600x 32GB 3200Mhz RTX 3060 ti , i was trying to play W3 with Reforged mode activated and my fps is really low 10 fps on 2560x1440 and same problem on 1920 x 1080 , Please patch this problem.

What resource is bottlenecking your system? Are any resources?

I doubt the problem could be patched with how little information is provided. I recommend supplying your DXDiag listing at the very least.

Such low frame rate could be caused by thermal throttling of the GPU or CPU. Check they are boosting correctly during the time. Third party overlays can also limit frame rate so turn them off where possible. Another possible cause could be running the game in windowed fullscreen mode rather than exclusive fullscreen mode in which case it is limited to the frame rate of your desktop.

If you had a legacy version of Warcraft III installed, try cleaning up the registry entries for it. Some of the frame rate settings could artificially limit frame rate.

Nothing is getting patched, as there is no team assigned to this game. Is this a desktop or laptop? If it’s a laptop, it’s pretty good pet it’s using the integrated graphics instead of the GPU, you’ll have to find the setting to disable that if that’s the case and that could solve the problem.

Is PC not laptop video card is 1300$ , and my cpu is not throttling , when im playing my cpu stay 10 percent and video card very low usage.

10% can indicate potentially a single thread bottleneck. WC3 being an older game does not utilise multithreading that well. Although WC3 really should not be throttling on that processor given its age…

Check the 5600x is boosting correctly. Some of your cores should be hitting >= 4.6 GHz. If not then either you are not single thread bound, or boosting is not functioning correctly and you are single thread bound.

Please don’t come with hardware issue , i can play at ultra gaming without any issue. This is a game issue , i can play many games on ultra with rtx on 80 fps +

1 Like

So to confirm. You get an as good as rock solid 60 FPS when playing with classic graphics? Only when Reforged graphics are activated does the frame rate tank to 10 FPS?

If there are settings like Antialiasing try turning them off. Some implementations of antialiasing can be very resource intensive. The RTX 3060 ti can easily hit a fill rate bottleneck with some antialiasing types at higher (1440p+) resolutions.

I assume this is campaign and melee play? Custom maps might not be optimised for Reforged graphics.

I’m not knowledgable about this, however I remember the shadows on being maxed(only the max) causing this kind of an issue. Maybe try lowering it just by 1?

Why to lower settings when on hardware req of the game for recomended settings is NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon™ R9 280X or better And my video card is 3 generation newer.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.