Low fps after patch 1.36

The game stutters and FPS are dropping from one second to the other second heavily which is causing a small freez and delay. In many situation you can’t even handle single units because of these drops. So once again stop talking this kind of non sense.

Man, you are a real BOB. You don’t get it, right? You are just telling non sense. Nobody said that everyone has this problem, but many do have it.

I’m sorry you don’t understand my posts, but I’m telling perfectly logical sense.

As I said, I’ve been affected by the issue as well. However, I stand by my opinion that you are all over-dramatizing it. Making a mountain out of a molehill to try to spur a fix. Odds are, they’re already investigating it, so badgering them isn’t going to make it go faster.

1 Like

Not even DXGI Swapchain would help it. But yeah, I can see them trying to fix it soon.

1 Like

i have low fps and constantly spike.the issue appear on 20214 and fixed for me on 20218,but 20231 it appears again.i found both issue is low GPU usage during game.

1 Like

I just made a test and played on the current PTR (1.36.0.20219) and there the game actually feels very good and snappy on stable 300FPS. on current version (1.36.0.20231) it feels laggy and fps bounces on low level.

This would indicate the GPU is not actually being used by the game at all, like I stated at the beginning of this thread. Check your GPU’s settings and see if the game is actually set to use the GPU, if it isn’t then there’s your problem right there.

And where can we set the setting that the game should use the GPU? Or where can you instruct the GPU to run the game? I mean we did not adjust any setting and why not set it back to the previous hot fix where it worked for all of us.

Exactly the same for me!

That depends on the GPU. Are you AMD or Geforce? In Geforce there’s an icon for the Nvidia Control Panel in the system tray. From there you select Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings and then find the game’s executable (It might already be in the list, if not you have to find it manually), then you need to check the CUDA - GPUs & OpenGL Rendering GPU settings - make sure the correct GPU is checkmarked if you have multiple devices.

As for AMD… I would assume they have similar methods.

hello team? is there anybody who can reset the version of the game? on PTR version right now everything is fine. game is unplayable right now for most AMD users

quote: I just made a test and played on the current PTR (1.36.0.20219) and there the game actually feels very good and snappy on stable 300FPS. on current version (1.36.0.20231) it feels laggy and fps bounces on low level (50/70).

Laptop user here
You are correct saying the game can run diff. GPU at times
But I am forcing wc3 to run on my nvidia GPU through 1)nvidia panel 2)windows game mode settings
The issue is with the patch blizzard released, affecting AMD CPU’s primarly
They just dont give a damn to fix it for 3rd day straight

2 Likes

I can confirm => on my Nvidia Device it runs fine. On my AMD device which way more power i have those FPS problems

1 Like

So far what we collected is:

On PTR AMD and Nvidia runs fine.
On latest version AMD has FPS problems

1 Like

Looking here and in the support forums, there does seem to be a trend of Ryzen users, or at the very least AMD users.

2 Likes

I have a AMD CPU and a Nvidia GPU. So I assume it is related to the CPU.

I have noticed that the FPS drops are the most extrema on the Map Autum Leaves. Can you guys confirm that?

Yes, pretty much.

Many of the people reporting this issue (if not all) are on AMD CPUs (not sure about GPU). While my board does have an HDMI port for CPU graphics, nothing is connected to it so it’s not in use. I don’t think the CPU graphics can output to the GPU’s output ports.

Just to be sure, I disabled the CPU graphics driver in Windows. Doing so did absolutely nothing, so I’m pretty confident nothing was ever using it.

1 Like

its not,i both test AMD and NV card,they all have spike and low usage problem(cpu is not 100% yet)
And it happens only in game,when not loaded in game the usage is full.

1 Like