Low fps after patch 1.36

Bought the game from the sale, I get a FPS that varies from ~20 - 90 and it jumps around a lot.

I have a RTX 3080 using Gen 11 i7-11700K .

This actually makes me really annoyed.
The game, technically, works I guess, but it is a horrible experience in the campaign…

it should be playable with your system.
Belive me AMD users are more annoyed !

Same problem here. I didn’t have this before.
Sad

2 Likes

We’ve already had reports of non AMD users complaining about performance drain, so please stop parroting this idea that it’s only an AMD thing.

1 Like

Is there any official respons anywhere?
I can’t find any but I’m not that good to search, has it been like this since may!?..

It has been acknowledged, but no ETA was given.

Blue posts from Tech Support won’t show up on the blizzard tracker so its easy to miss.

Ask your team to give that ETA please.

Very funny.

记得1.36版本刚发布那会,fps只有50,而现在的1.36,fps能达到130,已经恢复不到1.35版本的巅峰(200fps)

Remember when version 1.36 was first released, the fps was only 50, but now at 1.36, the fps can reach 130, which is no longer the peak of version 1.35 (200fps)

毫无疑问,war3底层架构程序已经改变,增加了太多的新内容,比如高级obs等等

Undoubtedly, the underlying architecture program of War3 has changed and added too much new content, such as advanced OBS, etc

太多的附加内容导致优化程度大幅度下降,intel and amd cpu性能释放度严重下降,其中,amd的性能释放度下降了越40%。

Too much additional content leads to a significant decrease in optimization, resulting in a severe decrease in Intel and AMD CPU performance release. Among them, AMD’s performance release has decreased by more than 40%.

so,When will we roll back 1.35

So, I think I actually found one of the MAJOR issues regarding the framerate for me.

I removed the “Reduce Mouse Input Lag” option and it increased the fps in foggy areas from 40 to 80.

Normal solo gameplay in campaign now ranges from 65-150 instead of 20-90.

This is using the reforged graphics.

I had a similar sort of issue (not really, but kind of) with Battlefield 2042, where if the polling rate of my mouse was set too high, it would cause massively weird behavior and lag. Probably not related, but it does show that some things aren’t always where you expect to find them.

This still doesn’t explain why there is no big fps drop on the PTR though.

I also had this option checked and my FPS went up by 40-50 upon unchecking it (from around 100 to 140-150)

Edit: On the PTR, it went up from like 180 to 300. So obviously, this isn’t the cause of the problem everyone’s been talking about. But it certainly helps a lot.

It’s clear that the tooltip doesn’t lie and the FPS loss from using it is probably not worth it.

https://imgur.com/a/WWjsu6R
(it’s really weird that I can include links if I use the formatting button, but not by simply pasting them…)

These rookies never experienced warcraft 3 back in 2002-2006 like the rest of us in those old windows XP computers with 256-512mb ram pentium cpus

It was not WinXp than, I think Win98 than WinMe = Milennium for a long time…
But game had no issues…just some balance issues RoC but FT solved them.

Re blizzard team , whats up ? Can i expect to play again this game in 2023 ?
I mean its only a patch problem, the game was fine before 1.36, contact me, send me data, and access to game’s code I ll fix this for free by myself if you want
Best regards,

2 Likes

Can we get anyone from Blizzard to chime in on this? Did you just give up or what? This shouldn’t be hard to fix, the game has been unplayable for months now!

2 Likes

i think the truth is noone f… cares about this game and business-wise its make no sense to maintain this for them and they dont even communicate with us anymore…

1 Like

call again once Microsoft takes over Activision’s operations.

1 Like

I just bought Reforged and it performs terribly in Reforged mode. I assumed it would be okay after receiving a bunch of patches but apparently not.

Low fps has never been fixed since update 1.36

2 Likes

y no patch

2 Likes