Low fps after patch 1.36

I don’t know what else you need to argue about. You can’t provide the evidence you claim, and you have to confuse the public opinion. It’s a matter of fact that version 1.36 is not compatible with AMD CPUs, which undoubtedly shakes the fact.

I now believe that you are the official developer, and what we need to do now is to have the official upgrade the version as soon as possible to solve the problem, rather than shirking all responsibility as the official.

This makes so little sense I can’t even take you seriously anymore.

I have multiple PC hardware certifications, I do have a throrough understanding of game hardware. “countries gathering” (???) has nothing to do with FPS. We’re talking about a video game here. As cryptic as you’re being I can only assume you’re talking about 10 players in a game vs 1, and well, sorry but that’s going to hurt FPS whether or not there’s a performance problem. That has nothing to do with the issue at hand, and it also operates under the assumption that everyone is affected, as people have been insisting left and right that this only affects AMD users, of which there are fewer than intel users, so the odds that “10 countries gather” and all are using AMD systems and all have the issue and all compound it with each other is exceptionally low.

That aside, you’re basically telling me more things on the screen equals lower frame rates (at least, as far as I can tell). That is true regardless- everyone’s fps will drop not just people experiencing a technical issue. And quite frankly: “10 countries gathering” is not a normal game situation and not something anyone experiences in regular gameplay- that is something you have to set up deliberately. This is like complaining that one’s FPS is lower in a tower defense map than a versus map. Of course it is, you’re packing more crap than the game was designed for in one spot. That’s not the game’s fault.

Based on your post spam, and your bizzare phrasing and overall response, I can now only assume you’re trying to troll me , and so I will not allow it to continue any further.

2 Likes

Sub 60 is only unplayable if its inconsistent, but from my perspective its not acceptable for the game to hit sub60. but in order to remedy this we’re talking about completely redoing the visuals into something more robust and well polished which isn’t going to happen.

So we’re essentially just stuck like this until even more years rack up on the age of this game and hardware start to negate pitfalls. but until then, as you see with alot of people coming to submit feedback, there is alot of awkward visual issues that are hardware specific for people from all across the budget spectrum that just makes the game uncanny to tolerate.

I mentioned fps inconsistency at the start, and this is perhaps one of the most major issues with the Reforged visuals that will never really be fixed.

If the mapmaker is really just screwing the limits then sure, but i would argue that when Blizzard was handling the new visuals they completely ignored the fact that maybe they should try to do something in a way thats more humble and bendable and less stressful so that “most” custom games even if they’re stretching things a bit would fly by just fine.

Afterall, why not ? some of the best updates to War3 we got was increasing previous limitations, why shouldn’t we expect the game to be able to handle more on the visual side ? sadly, executing something like this requires a balance of both seamless rendering and lighting implementation and model and texture design. Reforged is never going to get team to carry out an update like this.

Now, I have seen some people complain of “stutters” or hitches. This kind of performance issue is almost always a delay in the accessing of the needed data to display something or carry out a function. I was reading about some game on the PS5 that has an SSD as a system requirement, and while it’s not required on PC, the game is basically unplayable without it, as the game is loading data basically constantly and any delays at all means hitches (“stutters”).

But this game isn’t anything like that, most if not all data for a map is loaded in advance, that’s why there’s a loading screen. And while I did determine that, contrary to my initial thoughts, I am being affected by the performance drain people have been discussing for months now, there is nothing inconsistent about it. My FPS is simply lower on live than it is on the PTR. There is zero hitching or stuttering. Even without an SSD it shouldn’t be possible, because again, the game preloads all or most of the assets. This leads me to believe that there is an external bottleneck for anyone who is complaining about stuttering. The most common cause of any kind of stutter on a PC is swapping- i.e. Windows moving data to and from memory via the swap file. This however should not happen often enough to be an issue unless you don’t have enough RAM for everything you’re running.

Ultimately there has to be a direct cause, the only way I could write a program that stutters with sufficient resources on the PC is to either deliberately fake it, or have a memory leak. In the latter case for those who don’t know, is when you load new data into memory and point to it, but leave the old data behind with nothing pointing to it. This means over time the memory usage of the app increases, which would *eventually * cause Windows to swap data more and more as memory gets chewed up.

So if you are going to tell me that you have stutters or “inconsistent” performance, please have Task Manager running while you play and see if memory usage is rising steadily over time. I can’t personally reproduce this, but my system far exceeds the recommended system requirements. So all I see is a reduction in frame rate, but it’s stable with no stuttering. I did kind of cheap out on RAM, but even after playing for hours, I haven’t really seen signs of a memory leak or anything that would lead to stuttering. That said, I will monitor it from here on to be sure.

I took your side @Symphogear because I both have an older Intel desktop and newer Amd laptop and I experience the same issues like other Amd gamers.
And when I told @CaptainJack above that is inappropriate to criticize people because of their hardware (Amd/Intel or 16/32GB), and that nobody said anything bad (or trolled) just people are rightfully complaining based on Facts, my post was Flagged and removed… :frowning:

Oh? What exactly am I supposed to be considering here? Please tell me, I’m listening. I am an AMD user myself. And I also previously said in multiple other threads that I am in fact experiencing a performance loss (lower FPS, but no stuttering like some people are claiming. The reason why I originally thought otherwise is because I was using different graphics settings on the PTR vs the live versions of the game.) So I really don’t know why you’re still arguing with me or name dropping. The only explanation I can come up with is that you’re trolling.

I never criticized anyone for their hardware. We all make do with what we have (or, if we are so inclined, we make upgrades if we can afford it and desire to do so). Please quote the exact words that you feel was me criticizing someone for having certain hardware and I will be more than happy to elaborate. I never came here to criticize anyone, which is more than I can say for most of the people who name drop me on this forum on a daily basis.

Now, that’s not to say I’m perfect or anything, I’m definitely not and never said I was. I’ve made a few mistakes and I did the time for them and I own up to those mistakes. But what I don’t do is go around personally attacking every person here who I don’t agree with. I don’t name drop or witch hunt. I firmly believe in letting people make their own decisions and come up with their own conclusions. If you can’t say anything nice or at least be civilized in how you reply to others, you really should consider not replying.

That being said: I do feel this issue is being drastically overblown and consider all the “unplayable” comments to be hyperbole. It’s also largely pointless to even continue discussing it, since Blizzard has acknowledged the issue, even if they can’t seem to address it.

1 Like

Why are you using Japanese characters on an English forum?

It’s Chinese. Though you can be forgiven for that, Japanese uses a lot of Chinese characters in their writing.

1 Like

I have no idea.

5月份更新版本引发的fps很low的问题,直到8月份也没有解决

The issue of low fps caused by the updated version in May has not been resolved until August

Thank you for stating the obvious.

Greetings. I bought the game yesterday and am experiencing mouse issues. It feels clunky and imprecise, I want to click on a unit or building and it clicks next to it. Do you know if it is also a problem derived from update 1.36? Do you know any solution? This is independent of the graphics configuration you choose.

Guys, has anything changed? After 1.36 I had 70 fps with 45 drops. Today I played a few games and my fps was 150-200. Gone lags and freezes

1 Like

Mouse dpm too high

记得1.36版本刚发布那会,fps只有50,而现在的1.36,fps能达到130,已经恢复不到1.35版本的巅峰(200fps)

Remember when version 1.36 was first released, the fps was only 50, but now at 1.36, the fps can reach 130, which is no longer the peak of version 1.35 (200fps)

毫无疑问,war3底层架构程序已经改变,增加了太多的新内容,比如高级obs等等

Undoubtedly, the underlying architecture program of War3 has changed and added too much new content, such as advanced OBS, etc

太多的附加内容导致优化程度大幅度下降,intel and amd cpu性能释放度严重下降,其中,amd的性能释放度下降了越40%。

Too much additional content leads to a significant decrease in optimization, resulting in a severe decrease in Intel and AMD CPU performance release. Among them, AMD’s performance release has decreased by more than 40%.

Bought the game from the sale, I get a FPS that varies from ~20 - 90 and it jumps around a lot.

I have a RTX 3080 using Gen 11 i7-11700K .

This actually makes me really annoyed.
The game, technically, works I guess, but it is a horrible experience in the campaign…

it should be playable with your system.
Belive me AMD users are more annoyed !

Same problem here. I didn’t have this before.
Sad

2 Likes

We’ve already had reports of non AMD users complaining about performance drain, so please stop parroting this idea that it’s only an AMD thing.

1 Like

Is there any official respons anywhere?
I can’t find any but I’m not that good to search, has it been like this since may!?..