Lost campaign progress!

My current issue (2/7/2020) is that I have lost my campaign progress ever since I updated the game to its newest version. I played the game a week ago exactly and had completed up to the 2nd to last mission of the Path of the Damned campaign (Blackrock & Roll, Too!) and I had multiple saves from that mission in my campaign saves. I had also completed the Human campaign on hard difficulty and I even have the Jaina Proudmoore profile picture to prove it. However, upon logging in, the Human campaign isn’t completed and the Path of the Damned campaign is locked. The graphics were on Reforged and I was connected to the internet just fine whenever I did play. I don’t know what happened. I haven’t touched any files and I hadn’t played the game since I last did a week ago. My campaign progress seems to have just disappeared. and I also get the error, "“The map file referenced by the saved game is different from the map file on your hard drive” when trying to load an old save. Help! (current version: 1.32.1.14604)

Update: My problem isn’t not being able to load game saves, because I know that saves from older versions aren’t loadable on newer versions of the game. It’s just the fact that I have completely lost campaign progress. The update reset my Undead campaign progression and my Human campaign progression. I’m now sitting at the very beginning of the Human campaign when I had completed that, etc.

2 Likes

yes, I have the same problem can, please can help with this???

1 Like

I have the same problem, it happened to me after i completed the Siege of Dalaran chapter in the same campaign on hard.

I played 1v1 match and after that wanted to return to the campaign but found it all erased to day 1.

I tried loading last save just before the end of the chapter and won, then in the conclusion screen i seen that im on normal difficulty so i returned to the chapter select screen but it was blank.

I never switched from reforged to classic and played on reforged all along, i also got the jaina icon from completing the human campaing on hard - but now my whole progress got erased.

Help!

1 Like

Love how they reply faster to a guy complaining about a missing portrait than people with missing game progress. Good Lord has Blizzard fallen lmao

5 Likes

Indeed, when there is some straight forward question, all of a sudden a blizz admin pops up, and talks this and that, but when there is a real issue with the game, screwed up by them, they are so silent :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: pathetic service.

2 Likes

I opened a ticket regarding this issue and they said they would pas information along. I love how the response times for tickets have now expanded beyond a week for something that seems simple to fix. Activision has ruined Blizz.

1 Like

I just logged in and lost my campaign progress as well. All my portraits from doing them are gone. Hope this is easily fixable.

I also have the same problem …

Mine is also gone ><

All campain progress lost! how can i fix it?

Getting back to exactly what it was isn’t likely possible. However, you can get close by using the cheat codes.

Seeing that this is something that happens frequently, you may want to back your progress up periodically.

I have FOUND a solution: Not a guaranteed fix for everyone (you may have different causes of your symptoms). But if you dig deep into your file explorer:
This PC > Documents > Warcraft III > BattleNet > ??? > Campaigns

Apparently the latest game patch and/or the Blizzard app update may have glitched and created a new default campaign progress in that folder.

Look for the “Classic.w3p” and “Reforged.w3p” files in their respective folders.
There should also be a “Classic - Copy.w3p” and “Reforged - Copy” once again, in their respective folders.

Key thing: BACK UP both files to your desktop to be safe. But if the “Copy” file has an older “Date modified” then that’s the file that hopefully has your campaign progress.

After backing up the files, delete the newer Classic/Reforged w3p file. Rename the “copy” files to the regular name. Then boot up the game. Problem solved! For me at least. Please let me know if this worked for you, amidst these troublesome patches.

That’s interesting find for sure. One thing that differs for me is I’ve never seen/had the “copy” files on either of my computers. I wonder why they’d be there for you but not me.

Just bumping this thread. Can confirm this is still an issue in 2023. First arose for me when playing the Orc Campaign of the base game on hard mode. Was playing the campaign on hard mode from the prologue and never had an issue until now.

1 Like

Same happened to me right now. All campain progress lost without any obvious reason. I just stopped playing W3 for a few months, came back and all content were deleted as if I had a fresh setup.