Looks like WarCraft 4 could already be in development

It feels more like:
Let’s destroy WC3 so people will automagically buy WC4.

1 Like

let me dream bro

1 Like

I don’t see it happening.

If they had any plans for that, Reforged killed it.
In fact, because of Reforged, I would not want a Warcraft 4.

5 Likes

i hope the 0.6 metascore is a fuel tank for the company to make things right.
if they switch engine to the galaxy editor (havok?), make it play and look like wc3 classic + remaster, this will open doors for them to make other great things too since the old engine is obsolete for new content. THEY should also give us the old classic client back. so people have a choise.

1 Like

this is a pretty big deal, awesome notes

Given the quality of their products on average, Warcraft III was an unusual exception that it released so buggy. Or should I say it released in a regressed state from the previous version, since I do not think any of their remasters had to deal with legacy compatibility until then.

Galaxy is related to the StarCraft II engine, being both the nickname for the World Editor of that game and the scripting language StarCraft II uses.

Havok is a physics engine that StarCraft II used as part of its game engine to do ragdoll and inverse Kinematic animation physics, until it was seemingly replaced.

Havok is not a game engine. It can (could?) be used as part of one but by itself all it does is provide reasonably efficient APIs for common physics calculations.

2 Likes

Looks like WarCraft 4 could already be in development

Yeah version 2 of my @$$ is also already in development.
It might provide me a better source of pulling $h!t out of then you.

No scratch that, it WILL provide me a better source to pull $h!t out of, i will reclaim the title of pulling $h!t out of ones @$$ from you. and rule as the king of pulling $h!t out of their @$$ for the next 20 years.

You stand no chance against my power.

2 Likes

Never mind the quality, they’re the ones still paying for a monthly subscription and Blizz will do nothing to anger them any more than necessary.

Congratulations! Is it a boy or a girl?

Was a joke, don't pull a $h!t out of my @$$ plz
1 Like

This is an interesting idea. It’s too early to talk about any Warcraft4 when the Graphics are very weak, although with Starcraft2 at the beginning of the beta version the graphics were weak. I hope everything will be fixed with the current additions. And the storyline will really add to the sequel to several new campaigns after Warcraft3. Unfortunately World Warcraft is no longer relevant.
Reforge as a continuation of the plot is really interesting. But again, Blizzard does little and little. promises. only silence.

1 Like

It’s too early and pointless to talk about Warcraft 4 when this one has not yet been completed. I’m sure Warcraft3 is starting to develop in a scenario like Starcraft2, it’s not a bad scenario. Knowing that there is hope that they will fix all the errors, since the current update is not yet ready. And if you remember at the beginning of the released StarCraft2 at the beginning of its beta-alpha version, it also had completely different gameplay and models. So I sincerely wish Blizzard to improve.

1 Like

but this is no longer the “alpha beta”.

Warcraft4 will be very difficult to implement now during the COVID-19 pandemic. Since it will also have errors and inaccuracies. It is much easier to fix the current bugs and errors in the reform. Not everything is ready here, since it is not clear what happened next along the storyline, there are not enough campaigns.
It is necessary to introduce several new companies, fix the current ones as they have incompatibility errors, still work on graphics and shaders as they are not ready. Warcraft is a good tool for creating custom maps, which are much more than in Starcraft2. There were also independent companies that only fuel the interest. For example, in StarCraft2, it also became possible to play in custom companies. At this stage, from the news I read, the developers are going to fix the rating system, that’s good. But be patient, I’m sure that the storyline and the course of the development of the Warcraft universe are missing, I don’t mind if it comes from the world of Warcraft or there is something new, since I am not interested in playing more than 5 times back in 2005. And Blizzard should think about what to do with those who have already passed the company in the old warcraft. Therefore, I would like Blizzard to introduce a continuation into the reform. And also I want Blizzard to pay attention to the graphics of soil textures, they already hurt painfully and they are of poor quality, especially winter ones, for example, pay attention to the textures of HOTS Alter Pass and the textures of the current Warcraft 3 reform is a complete failure and they feel even worse than the original or the same ones taken from WAR3 TFT, this is nowhere to be used. Blizzard fix it!

1 Like

This is a beta update due to the fact that the menu is still unfinished and buggy.

1 Like

that’s ur interpretation of the difference of the delivered game and your expectations.
u can’t find a beta or alpha tag anywhere in wc3.

yeah and that time blizzard knew they’ll earn a lot money with sc2. sc2 was planned to be released in 3 stages. wol, hots, and lotv.

nothing like that is known yet for wc3/wc4. we can’t assume blizzard is spending a lot of money into the rts genre anymore. there is no competition in the rts genre anymore.

not a single announcement has been made which targets the rts and esports rts crown which blizzard holds (brood war and sc2).

I behave your dream and we all know that this is an alpha.
But officially this is the “finished” game. I mean there is no evidence that Blizzard is aiming to make the W4 or to sell DLC with content to make genance.

As much as he knows he was going to earn a lot of money. For some reason a month after announcing the game it seems that they abandoned it.

1 Like

I disagree with you, the genre of MMORPG games is dying and not at all RTS, and it was a great mistake to go and lead the development of the Warcraft universe along the WoW MMORPG path, at how much a lot of money and funds were invested in its development to maintain the servers, not to mention about the server load because of what the server has to be cut, which is even more disgusting because how many your friend can be on a completely different server. Another thing is the RTS update, which can be released every 2-3 years. As we suppose it was with StarCarft2. Now pay attention to how much time and effort was spent on creating such a world as World of Warcraft, but it is no longer relevant, the graphics are constantly evolving, and the models on the basis of which the game was drawn back in 2005. Now no one is interested in WoW. The point was so much work to invest in a game that no one needs now? Another thing is RTS content and the volume of work done is much less. And as for me, Warcraft3 is generally a successful exception, and it was this game that inspired the creation of World of Warcraft and not vice versa. If the game is done quite well and of high quality, regardless of the genre, then it is relevant, but it is with the MMORPG that there is a snag, since to create such a game the volume of work expended is much higher, which is why Blizzard began to realize her guilt and, realizing herself (albeit too late), did the right thing invest in the development of their RTS games when they realized that the MMORPG is dead,
although I like how beautiful they made it, I went into it more than 5-7 years ago and I am not interested in it, not so much the world drawn, but how much the graphics of the models are outdated, they will not be able to solve this problem as they would have to redraw all the models in general World of Warcraft and reforged it when they just finish drawing models for the current expansion and they are no longer able to stir up interest in the game with updates. The water map and graphics are constantly updated and are getting better and more realistic.
And the graphics at the heart of the current MMO are dated as early as 2005. The MMORPG is dying and now it cannot be hidden. Another thing is a light RTS which can be easily remade, where the volume of content and the models containing it is much smaller, make it Reforged and restart it. This is what I wrote about a long time ago, back in 2007, and I’m glad that Blizzard finally changed its mind and went on the right path, although it took her 13 years to realize this. It’s a stupid branch of evolution, it’s a pity that I am the creator of DotA still not their developer or the designer of the boss’s tasks.

You need to understand that World of Warcraft is dead. How are you going to redraw this whole world with a colossal amount of work done? And the mechanics of the game itself are wadded, to put it mildly, curve. Disgusting to play MMO. It would be another matter if it became possible to collect at least 100-200 players on 1 RTS card. Each user could even create a separate mini MMORPG, arrange battles, and transfer their achievements from one part to another, some cards already know how to do this, although here I see only 2 restrictions on the number of interface and inventory. I read somewhere that now there are people who are reviving the cities of Warcraft in Reforge. Look at them!

2 Likes

Soon we have an update, after which I am sure that we will get closer to the release Warcraft III: Reforged Developer Update – Ranked Play — Warcraft III: Reforged — Blizzard News

I have great hope that in the current update they will not only make a decent rating, but also finally fix the current errors.

1 Like

From the beginning the art rework of warcraft 3 reforged never made sense to me. Why take the old established art in a totally different direction? It goes against everything that a ‘remaster’ is really supposed to do. Unless of course you’re Blizzard and you have an idea of the art tone that Warcraft 4 is headed. I posted about it on reddit and people told me I was an idiot. I still maintain the only way it makes sense to depart from the art so drastically was if Warcraft 4’s art was already planted in a specific direction.

4 Likes