Lion head screen with blue eyes

Hi team, can you help me out? Before the newest patch I was getting a black screen that after sometime I was able to get graphics and play, now I’m getting a lion screen with no cursor and after sometime I’m no longer playing…

2 Likes

Howdy!

A few things I would recommend in this case:

1. Try playing with background applications disabled. The focus here is to ensure no third party conflicts such as Overlays are causing a display issue. Make sure to restart the PC to get into this mode.

2. Go to Documents\Warcraft III folder.
    -Open War3Preferences.txt
    -Edit windowmode option to 0 or 1 as such:
    windowmode=0 (windowed mode)
    windowmode=1 (fullscreen windowed)
    -Save
    -Test game

If the issue continues please post up your Dxdiag for us to review. Copy the dxdiag contents into your reply, highlight the text then select the code block icon </>. This action will help us review the information faster.

2 Likes

same getting a lion head with no cursor just stuck there, i was also getting a black screen before the patch update

2 Likes

cant believe blizzard still hasnt fixed it…

4 Likes

Hello,

You keep feeding us solution to fix stuff on our end. How come other blizzard games that are on your game launcher work just fine, for example StarCraft 2 - fix it on your end Blizzard.
Just change your approach and release ready to use product - you guys had ptr running and people gave you all feedback - yet you release this.
Imagine you’d get treated this way by a car dealer as Blizzard is treating us.
This is just unacceptable.

Very nice example how to do reforged and treat your player base is being showed by Microsoft Blizzard, THIS Is How To 'Reforge' Games: Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition THRASHES WC3:R - YouTube.

Enjoy

3 Likes

Hi, I also have the head of a lion. I pre-ordered in the fall, I was waiting for the release and in the end I still can not play the game. I tried all the tips and nothing helped me … why are you like this?

I have the same issue ever since the new update. The game used to work before, although with stutters and low fps, but now it won’t even start anymore.

GREAT work Blizzard! You messed things up EVEN MORE.

1 Like

Yes, same problem. Closed gate, no cursor and nothing happens.

2 Likes

same here - but atleast now i got the windowed mode thing fixed which i messed up earlier :smiley:
Please fix this so we can use the product we paid for (and no, i do NOT mean the reforged crap)

1 Like

Yup, same here, before this patch I was able to, sometimes, get to screen with chat, but there were totally no options to play the game. Now I’m stuck on lion head screen. I never bought Reforged like so many. Actually Blizzard if you think about it, people who want to play classic a lot of us have older machines with Windows 7.

I’ve got the same problem. Looks like classic users on old pcs is the common denominator. I suggest Blizz just separate the user interfaces with classic and reforged users. And somehow the battlenet client links up the seperate player bases for combined games but with seperate UIs

I’m wondering if there was a beta test for the newest patch. Considering all of the new bugs this patch introduced, I’m starting to think this patch was just released without testing it at all.

So i am a father that works full time. I pre ordered this game and man I stuck with you guys threw all the hate when release came. Hell the game worked enough to where i was fine. Now this weekend comes and i am pretty excited about the update and super pumped about the weekend… and **** doesnt work now. I live in a very rural area so it takes me about an hour for a GB. I spent all day telling my wife that the internet is gonna be ****ed again so I can reinstall this piece of **** game. What happened to old blizzard. Stop releasing ****, stop ****ing with my childhood memories. Either fix it or refund me.
If i went to work and turned something in like this i’d be fired.

5 Likes

I did the windows+r and put DxDiag and it still has the lion head with the blue eyes and no cursor

Hey folks,

This appears to be a connection issue - you’re specifically failing to connect to the game servers which is resulting in getting stuck on the opening screen “Doors”. Please try some connection troubleshooting and create your own thread if it does not work. We won’t be able to help all of you from one thread as each of your issues may be different.

If you post a WinMTR test which catches a failure to connect it’ll help us identify the issue. You want to run the test while trying to connect and leave it running for about 5 minutes. Once you’ve caught the problem red handed, export it and attach it to your post. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~

Hello guys, I have the same problem and find this post. After quite some experimenting, I have discovered one work-around. I am not sure if it works well for you, or if you guys still have this problem. But for whoever is visiting this page, here is something you can try! I hope it is useful. Hooray!

[Workaround] Open your Blizzard app, then open 5 (or more) instances of war3. After 1~2 mins, at lease one of the instances will pop us some error message, either asking you to log in, or indicating that there is connection issue. At this moment, you will have graph, sound, and a cursor!

[My guess] This is a software bug. After some connection trial with the server, the software will hang without giving option to let you play offline; probably war3 is still trying to make connections. With a lot of instances, you force it to fail. Then you are able to play offline :slight_smile: