Lengthy Search Times

?

I played all night with no more than a few minutes waiting. Sometimes instant pop.

A few minutes?? before the patch the timer would go for I think it was 2 mins, then it reset and restarted the search. Always found games generally within 30 secs to 60 secs.

Now you never know if a game you have been waiting for starts, since Unforged the game screen doesn’t automatically come to the front. With the extra search time, I have myself been caught (thankfully the game has only been going for a few seconds) and I’m seeing so many other afk players

I said “no more than.” Usually, it was faster than that. In other words: Pretty normal. Certianly not “1000 seconds” like what the OP was saying.

This is a really crazy idea, but maybe unmute the audio? The game makes a pretty loud and distinctive sound when a game is starting.

I know when a game starts it makes a distinctive sound, BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE GAME UP. You have missed the point CaptainJack :weary:

No you don’t?

I can be in my web browser typing my response to you and I can hear that sound just fine and know to tab back.

I don’t understand how anyone can possibly like the new ladder system, it doesn’t take into account RT, which as every1 knows it can be hard to get a win, and that’s if everyone is playing. I still get and see, TK’s, leavers, more often than not it’s leavers

Chill out. The server que match takes this long due to proper match-making in similar mmr as mentioned. Even DOTA’s rank waiting times are similar. 5-10 minutes on the average day, except peak hours or when people finish work etc.

DOTA *
barf*

lol hey yo, don’t be dissin’ homie. DOTA is my “go too” game from time to time. DOTA is basically a MOBA warcraft

Just because you don’t like Dota doesn’t make his point any less relevant.

It sort of does when we are talking wait times for ladder games, you’re talking about a Custom game

Funny thing is no one of you specified around what time you are looking for a game^^

So I guess you are all right in finding or not finding games.

(and it is the same for ladder or custom games…)

PS
DotA is not a “warcraft MOBA”, DotA is the original one… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was getting ranked matches at 5am eastern with little to no wait

yes before the patch, the average 3v3 search time for me was anything from 1min to 3. Now the search time takes forever.

I mean I guess the game just hates certain people or something. Played all night long with no issue. No long waits at all.

Of course, now the game hates everybody as things are more broken after the hotfix than they were before lol

The real question is why are you on so quickly and others wait for 10min+. As I type this I have waited for 8min. To be fare sometimes I get a game in 2min. Never had to wait 10m min before.

Now I find games instantly, no matter what time I decide to search. Just saying.

I’m just guessing here but they might have messed up some configuration on the servers or something when they added the Chicago server nodes. Thus creating a situation where people connecting through a different region’s servers are not getting matched to games elsewhere even though that’s supposed to happen.

If I were them, that’s what I’d be looking at in trying to fix this. :stuck_out_tongue:

This post seems to have been hijacked by unhelpful idiots talking about how they’re not affected, but this post is to throw behind the original poster.

My friends and I are having exactly the same issue - before the patch we could find 3v3 games within 1-2 minutes, now we’re regularly searching 10-15 minutes with no luck. And yes we’ve tried different times of day, ranked, unranked, arranged team, random team and no luck. Interestingly we are also in Australia so wondering if there’s some server issue

3 Likes

What if players on the west coast are simply being redirected to the Chicago server and so the Australian ones are even more isolated?
That would explain why some people are getting games even faster and some others can’t even find one.

The only problem is that I really think that for them this is “working as intended”