Lengthy Search Times

Dang the wait is now so long for a ladder game, I ended up shutting down WC, it was like a 1000 seconds to look for a game

3 Likes

All queues are global, so queuing players in a single region isn’t the issue.

It’s a matter of locating similar MMRs combined with the concurrency at the time.

1 Like

I’m talking about the here and now, the longest wait would be max 2 minutes prior to the patch

2 Likes

I gave it a try just now with a timer. I found a versus game in 23 seconds.

Granted it is prime time in the NA region right now, so there’s likely more concurrency than this morning.

It’s broken. I haven’t found a 3V3 game since the patch. Bunch of morons at Blizzard.

Okay, Ill bite.

Team games will always take longer than the match up modes below it.

Just tried it now. 3v3 in 1 min and 1 second to get into a game.

Me thinks you’re exaggerating… just to bolster an overblown position.

Why would I exaggerate? It solves nothing if I lie.

Oh I totally agree Galdrog I ended up searching for oh last count it was 4500 and still going. it eventually found a game and then once the game started everyone, dc’d on my team. I was waiting that long for a 2nd game I ended up going to bed instead.

That post was in response to Galdrog’s claim. The reply to you is above that.

Regardless, I quickly got into both a 1v1 and a 3v3, as did 5 other people for the 3v3.

What do you want? A medal or a chest to pin it on?

All I did was provide supporting evidence to my claim that time matters.

But if you want to lash out at someone who counters your claim, well, do what makes you feel good inside. Is that how 57yos act? I wouldn’t normally believe so.

Come now, at least use shill where appropriate, snarky. There’s no shilling in providing objective data. In no way did I provide and opinion, defend anything, or talk anyone up.

I got into games in a more than reasonable time and time of day matters. Nothing about or even referencing Bliz.

1 Like

I actually find people like that amusing, I guess that’s the beauty of being 57, things like it, get there knickers ALL IN A TWIST. It solves nothing except make you walk funny :slight_smile:

1 Like

?

I played all night with no more than a few minutes waiting. Sometimes instant pop.

A few minutes?? before the patch the timer would go for I think it was 2 mins, then it reset and restarted the search. Always found games generally within 30 secs to 60 secs.

Now you never know if a game you have been waiting for starts, since Unforged the game screen doesn’t automatically come to the front. With the extra search time, I have myself been caught (thankfully the game has only been going for a few seconds) and I’m seeing so many other afk players

I said “no more than.” Usually, it was faster than that. In other words: Pretty normal. Certianly not “1000 seconds” like what the OP was saying.

This is a really crazy idea, but maybe unmute the audio? The game makes a pretty loud and distinctive sound when a game is starting.

I know when a game starts it makes a distinctive sound, BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE GAME UP. You have missed the point CaptainJack :weary:

No you don’t?

I can be in my web browser typing my response to you and I can hear that sound just fine and know to tab back.

I don’t understand how anyone can possibly like the new ladder system, it doesn’t take into account RT, which as every1 knows it can be hard to get a win, and that’s if everyone is playing. I still get and see, TK’s, leavers, more often than not it’s leavers

Chill out. The server que match takes this long due to proper match-making in similar mmr as mentioned. Even DOTA’s rank waiting times are similar. 5-10 minutes on the average day, except peak hours or when people finish work etc.

DOTA *
barf*

lol hey yo, don’t be dissin’ homie. DOTA is my “go too” game from time to time. DOTA is basically a MOBA warcraft