LAN, EULA, classic client features

Where are they? I just want to play.

2 Likes

LAN has been there from the start.

EULA is here.

The classic features will likely only come in a content patch (major patch) which are fewer and further between than hotfix patches.

4 Likes

Please, stop the disinformation. The original game allowed you to play on lan directly, not through some convoluted menu options. Also, the original EULA wasn’t the restrictive BS of today.
Not buying reforged again until it has the original features preven present as in the original game.
You can shill for Blizzard as much as you like, the game isn’t worth 5 euros. So yeah, no rack thanks. I want the LAN play restored as it should be

5 Likes

There’s no misinformation in what I said. You asked where LAN was; you want to play it. I said it exists and pointed you to it. It’s existence has nothing to do with the sequence of clicks to get there.

You said nothing except ask where it was. I pointed you to it. There was nothing about what is or was within it.

Good for you. I’m not either.

The only thing that happened here was you apparently being cryptic, and then creating meanings in my reply that aren’t there.

3 Likes

Ok. I didn’t want to sound pretentious or anything. Hiding a menu option is not ok, not being able to use an option unless disconnected from Internet is a d*ck move… The old Warcraft had the perfect setup: play over LAN or playover Internet.
Also the “maps are ours” change in the EULA: in the end, Blizzard can do whatever the heck they want, i just want me pre-reforged classic client functionality back, LAN and all. Blizzard is dead and I’m not buying anything with micro transactions from them ever again. So there goes Diablo IV, any Call of Duty or overwatch B.S.
I don’t want to argue with anyone over this, to each his own, they ruined a perfect working classic game and it seems they really stopped caring. No issues, I’ll take my money somewhere else. And definitely not mobile. Mobile gaming is cancer and focusing on it shows how much Tencent-owned suits forgot the hardcore PC fans. I always vote with my wallet in these cases, the only games I still play form Blizzard are Diablo 3 and Starcraft 1/2. So not a cent more from my part. Mobile profits? Sure. Not from me though.
The only language Blizzard understands now use money. So none from me anymore

4 Likes

One good thing is that LAN is a little bit easier to find with today’s patch. While logged out, the “Custom Games” button changes to “Local Area Network”. Granted, it still requires the log out step, but at least it’s a tad more obvious.

Disconnection from the internet isn’t/wasn’t necessary. Just a log out of Battlenet is all that’s needed for LAN play.

They’re putting out patches. Not everything is going to come in the first one, or even first several. But they are still developing the game.

A single game that is a spin off of a PC game is hardly focusing. And you even mentioned OW2 and D4. They even went back and remastered two PC games recently. I’m sorry, but there’s nothing dead about that.

Quality of Blizzard games is abysmal. They are focusing on mobile, as they already mentioned. The new games are just an attempt to milk some money from old fans. Yes, Blizzard is dead.

4 Likes

I haven’t said anything about the quality of their games anywhere here. It’s fine to have an opinion, but it’s not to push an opinion as universal fact. For example, I’m not having any abysmal quality issues with any of the other Bliz games I play.

Breaking into new markets, not moving to one and leaving their base market behind, as evidenced by them still knee deep in the PC market.

What do you think the purpose of the old games was? What do you think the purpose all products is?

And your use of “milk” is an exaggeration to make your position sound more menacing. Milking would involve no choice. However, people are not forced to turn their money over. They can buy the games or not.

Perhaps dead to you due not liking their decisions to break into other markets. But certainly, certainly not universally dead.

I’m not all knowing, I don’t pretend to be objective since I’m a huge fan since my teenage years. However, while I do understand the motivation behind some of the decisions Blizzard took, I’m concerned that Diablo II, Starcraft I: Remastered and so on will be destroyed/crippled as much as Warcraft III.
Milking is a correct term when you use the goodwill, trust and sympathy of the fans to release a “Warcraft Reforged” level of fail.

Starcraft: Remastered is already out and doing fine.

Diablo II will likely never get a remaster.

1 Like

I can only hope. Diablo II remastered like Warcraft III would mean its utter destruction.
Also, if Diablo II remastered gets done, what’s the point of buying a microtransaction filled Diablo IV?!
Diablo 2 was perfect for its time: LAN, Battle.Net, awesome story, no microtransactions, fun to play and extreme replayability.
No Diablo 4 for me, thanks.
Always online, no LAN co-op, microtransactions = EPIC FAIL.
I stopped caring about Blizzard after the Diablo 3 cancelled expansion.
I really don’t care about the gender swapping sex preference of Overwatch, HOTS is now dead, I don’t like Hearthstone and since Call of Duty has microtransactions, no buy from me.
I will stick to my unpatched from 1.30 Warcraft III Classic, Starcraft Remastered and Starcraft II and Diablo II and III.
Blizzard, you won’t get another dime from me for a new game. The only thing I still pay for are the Co-op commanders in SC:2.
Microtransactions is where I draw the line, unless the game is free to play.

Good luck with sticking to that, because eventually operating systems and hardware evolve to the point where old games cannot be played easily, and with GOGs most recent… move, I can’t imagine publishers will be keen on putting their back catalog games on their platform moving forward.