Lag introduced in new update

I’m from Asia and I play on EU games with about 200-230ms always (and 170ms NA). Only recently that all games I have been playing (specifically in EU) now have minimum ping of 350ms that spikes to 1300ms. This is for EVERY lobby now. It’s not a good experience.

I use exitlag vpn to help with my ping, which brings my ping down to 200ms in EU before, now with or without VPN, my ping is just unplayable, 350ms minimum spiking to 1000+ms always. The exitlag server also now indicates unknown game server which I suspect that Blizzard have deleted some reforged servers, hence the lag we experience.

Please fix this. It’s not a me problem only, many users from SEA are experiencing the same issue.

1 Like

if you’re from SEA you should be connecting through the Asia gateway.

Matchmaking is global, so playing on EU doesn’t really do you any favors.

Have you tried setting your location to Taiwan?

Not matchmaking, I never play melee. It’s custom games. For 4 years now we asians play on like 200ms on EU hosts. It used to be manageable before last week. + Playing in EU/NA is the only way to play warcraft 3. Asia has always been dead, unless you’re unaware.

Ping is 350ms minimum, spiking to 1000ms. Not just me, but most in asia.

ibb. co/6wFh0sx

If you’re in asia and conenct through the Asia gateway, you should only be getting pings like that if you specifically join games that have a ping like that (i.e. in another region).

如果你是中国人,那就用中文交流,我的英文水平也不太好,如果你想改善玩自定义游戏的ping,如果你在沿海地区,我推荐使用uu加速器,因为我从21年之后就再欧服美服畅玩,ping保持在180-210

same here, experiencing the same issue as SEA player

i got the same issue too. spiking at 1k - 10k ping

that’s a you problem, not a game problem

Yes only recently SEA players have this problem. Yea obviously it’s our problem. In my humble opinion if you’re from NA/EU and don’t know sht u shouldnt even comment

1 Like

Don’t have to be from asia, I can still connect to those servers, and I do know stuff so I will comment if I like.

There could be a problem with the gateway itself as it has happened before, but if it was the gateway, it would be identifiable by connecting to other gateways working fine.

More than likely the path that you / users in your area are taking to reach the servers is going through a bad router etc and it is likely beyond Blizzard’s control.