Keyboard unresponsive while dragging the camera with MMB

Coming from Dota 2 and Age of Empires I find it very frustrating that I cant use my keyboard at all while dragging the camera with middle mouse button.
This is my preferred way of moving the camera (not having to move the mouse all the way to edge of the screen, more precise positioning), but in war3 all my commands are ignored while I do that. And I readjust the camera a lot, so more than half of orders are wasted…
Is there a solution for this issue? Couldn’t google anything related to this :c

Personally I usually click on the minimap or just use the spacebar to jump to where things are happening.

As far as I can tell this isn’t a malfunction. I think it’s to prevent accidental inputs. I tried using this and honestly found that I didn’t want to press keys while middle dragging, because usually it would have to be accompanied by mouse clicks which you can’t really do while scrolling becuase you’re going to miss whatever you’re trying to click on.

So unfortunately there’s no workaround for this. But I also don’t se a use case for this. Not sure why you’d be pressing keys while scrolling, unless you were scrolling with the arrow keys. But as far as I can tell, this isn’t a new issue, the game has always worked this way.

Yeah, clicking on the minimap and spacebar is what I also use when I want to move the camera a long distance away, but when im in a fight and the enemy pulls low hp units back and i want to follow them with my camera, I prefer using mouse drag rather screen edge.

I dont think this is by design, probably a 2002 technical limitation. I understand that you probably dont want to use abilities while dragging, but for me most of the time its switching control groups, leveling hero spells, ordering new units in production. Thats one of the most frustrating part, since you cant see the building order queue when using a control group for multiple buildings, and I cant understand where the hell are my reinforcements…
It’s understandable that there’s no workaround for this, but I still want to encourage Bliz to do this if they ever update their settings to 2020 standard. I just tried this is SC2, and its not an issue in a 2010 game, so thats that

I don’t want to damper your spirits too much but it was hard enough just to get them to restore basic functionality that had gone missing in Reforged, so I wouldn’t hold your breath if I were you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.