It will be good to see a "sc2 keybind menu"

Nothing more to add, atm the keybinding system is a bit frustrating, specially if you used to a certain control group keybind you have in sc2 wich you can’t replicate in war3. (like control group on “z” for example)

And It would be nice if they upped the group size to 16 units though.

4 Likes

why? If you build units worth 4 food your entire army is only 24 with NO workers.
This isnt starcraft If your lumping all your units in a single group your playing the game wrong anyway

In starcraft your 200 supply army maybe consists of 2 unit types with abilities. In warcraft 3 you have 4+ and a hero. It’s a no brainer, at least is should be.

@Nightstalked. Ahem
Heroes not Hero

I will like to see it also!!

I really don’t understand why they didn’t add keybindings IN GAME.
Makes me so angry to see this isn’t even possible…

How can I bind my mouse side buttons?

1 Like

@Anaxie ofc i dont group all my units in one group( btw no one do that in sc2 or you are gold)

I just said the keybind custom in sc2 is way better et more versatille, and i think it will be an improvement to add this like there is no malus for real, instad of f1-f2 etc for target hero, it will be possible to bind shift + 1 or shift + 2 to it with this sytem,

in sc2 my group control are 1 - 2 - 3- 4 - a - z - q-s-w-x, and atm it impossible to keybind like this, quite frustrating,

@Timborius you can do it, if you mouse have a logiciel you can remap the side button in any bind of the keyboard.

1 Like

you can get a UI menu for hotkeys by downloading Warkeys 1.32

OR

simply follow this guide here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

just click ^here^

1 ) I love to use bindings for building in:
q w e
a s d
z x c

I don’t like to use the name of the building or units as a first hotkey!

2) Have more than 12 units in same bind will be nice, sometimes is cool normally i use 3 binds but have everything in 1 plus few more only for required units will be cool, max 12 units in same build is very old feature.

well you are playing an 18year old game, but you realize older games like Command & Conquer actually had unlimited unit selection all the way back in 1995? Games like SC1 and WC3 intentionally chose to have limited unit selection, it was not a technical issue, it was part of the game design

thats specifically why blizzard chose not to change it

you know you can set the hotkeys to the grid alignment right? did you read the guide I linked just above your post here?

Nope, I never saw that the grid is in WC3 too, I use the grid in SC2.
In Warcraft 3 settings I never saw the grid option, i will check the links…

Changing the selection size means rebalancing the whole game. Lawl at that happening. A menu for keybinds would be much more reasonable because you were already able to change keybinds. You just had to use a text file in the folder to do it. No rebalancing is required here. It’s just a main menu addition. Why they would make this remaster and not have that is beyond me. This is incredibly lazy.

The default keybinds for the game were garbage. Blizzard had no idea what it was doing at the time and they probably mouse clicked everything anyway, so it wasn’t exactly their problem. But they left it that way forever, even though the game continued to get patches for over a decade. They basically had a “fix it yourself” mentality, which is apparently still the case. They can’t be bothered in 2020 to have even a half decent default keybind.

When people say “#nochanges” or similar drivel, I’m pretty sure they aren’t referring to your awful keybindings. Either fix the bindings or put the text file IN the game menu where it belongs

they are still going to be releasing patches in the future with new features

a hotkey UI was not at the top of the priority list for important features as players have been using warkeys or AHK for further hotkey customization for many years (Warkeys includes a UI) just like in the guide i posted above

The grid alignment is pretty bad. Honestly all that needs to happen is for like… for example the peon being P. Why isn’t the peon hotkey “e”? Nothing else is using the e key. This is what they did in SC2.

And even SC remastered (which was a BAREBONES remake) had a new hotkey UI.

lol are you kidding?

the grid places all spells for all units on QWER with Attack Stop hiDe on ASD

It doesnt get any easier than that, if you place your pinky on ctrl/shift then all your other fingers line up in place with all important hotkeys right around your finger tips

alphabetical alignment is not better unless you have a hard time relearning your muscle memory after years of using default

you also have the inventory items on the numpad if you use default, which is just really dumb lol

No I’m not kidding. It’s really unintuitive. I prefer them picking things which line up alphabetically but sensibly for hitting them with your left hand. And I shouldn’t have to fiddle with the game files to do that.

cool, you choose a less useful setup simply because downloading a customkeys.txt file and placing it into your wc3 folder is too difficult, thats very incredibly lazy but whatever, keep at it and enjoy yourself :slight_smile:

It’s not too difficult, but I shouldn’t have to do that. Who pissed in your cereal? Jeez.

its not a matter of “should you have to” its a matter of “are you capable” and the answer is very simple

I’m giving feedback on how they can improve the UI and menu features. It’s a really basic thing that should have been in the game. I tried the grid alignment and I didn’t like it. When I get around to it, I’ll probably change the hotkeys using a text file, but I wish I could just change them on the fly in the game’s menu.

Which, again, was a feature in StarCraft remastered.