Is this a single-player game?

It’s been a while, and it kinda seems like Blizzard is hoping we’ll forget about this thing.

So…how does everyone think it holds up as a Single-Player game? Is the campaign still worth playing? does the VS. AI mode work OK?

Default AI should work okay, but it gets boring in skirmish for me. others think the Campaign is worth it but i personally dont, its really bare bones from the perspective of someone who expected genuine innovative gameplay missions redone.

I play Custom Campaigns on older patches, since old war3 is like 1.3GB only i can afford having many of them for different custom campaigns developed on different patches, i do this to minimize the bugs i run into.

And for the most part, “Reforged” itself doesn’t really have that many singleplayer content i think, its mostly on older patches like 1.31.1 - 1.30.4 - 1.29.2 - 1.28.5 and 1.27 and less, since most of set content, is user generated.

I’d say, considering all the content you can play on older patches, there is atleast 400 hours of singleplayer content.

single player works perfectly. i am not very good at playing against the ai however so, i always lose but, that is my lack of skills. nothing wrong with the game`s single player.

1 Like

thats literally the only thing i play in W3R now, if it wasnt for the lack of custom campaigns and some details in the classic graphics/mode, i wouldnt consider Reforged such a disaster, even taking aside the issues with the PVP stuff, Reforged still is an absolute mess, the single player stuff works “fine” but that shouldnt be something to be grateful in the first place…

Well, the only reason i got the game in the first place was because i got curious about the characters after playing HOTS, this was the only legit way to play the campaign, and I was too honest to pirate the game even as a protest. I didn’t splurge on the spoils of war upgrade, at least.

Maybe when i feel confident enough to play the campaign on hard mode, I’ll play multiplayer…in Starcraft. Or this game on the off-chance they fulfill their promises.

Well, now that you’ve actually paid for the game, you’re pretty much legally allowed to download an earlier version and play that instead. I recommend it, much better experience overall in the single-player department.

2 Likes

I mean there’s no reason why anyone who has a license for it can’t download a prior version. there’s no legal issue there. It just won’t work on bnet.

But if that doesn’t matter to you, by all means, enjoy the campaign, it was fun then, it’s fun now, if maybe a bit cheesy by today’s standards (I can’t stand that little timmy voice in the first human mission though lol)

1 Like

Yeah, like i played the original campaign, i realize now my initial statement could mean i dislike it, i actually dont, i love the original campaigns, what i’m saying is bare bones is the Reforged campaign adding or should i say NOT adding enough to justify for me to replay it.

I was mostly looking for interesting mission designs and great progression and breaking some traditional bonds like making Grom Hellscream a warrior not a blademaster, or Arthas more aggressive Paladin then having default paladin copy paste ability set.

Thrall could have had his hammer as an item, so much more, heck we ccould have a Manaroth boss fight. initially it was never even planned for that stuff to happen it was all “oh look motion captured people moving around in 1600% zoom” boooooooooooring make a custom unit or some hero that people will NOT have access to in melee.

the old version does have its issues, specially for players that play on easy. accessing the easy difficulty can only be done after losing on normal. in reforged it is available from the start.

You had to lose on normal every mission if you wanted to stay on easy. Back then it was likely meant to discourage playing on easy since its way easier, and before they cared about casual or new players as much. But there’s a shortcut that makes it only slightly inconvenient. Copy/paste the cheat code to lose instantly: somebodysetupusthebomb

yes, it is correct that players needed to lose on a specific mission to play that same mission on easy.

There are visual changes to the campaigns and they added checkpoints to the missions. There isn’t anything dramatic other than the changed visuals and some QOL stuff. There is no new or extra plot or anything. The only real new addition is the new single player achievements and player icons, which can only be earned in Reforged mode.