Is it possible to delete/prune WC3:Reforged

I only play the original wc3 obviously, I don’t need Reforged or the voiceovers or most of the 30gb of junk that I’m forced to install. I mainly want to play risk on custom map which uses old graphics. I have a small HD and I’m wondering if it’s possible to delete the unnecessary files like voiceovers etc, or will battle net app detect it? Is there a way to maybe replace the files with like a shell but that is only 1kb instead of 800mb? something tech like that?

5 Likes

I have a copy of 1.29 that still works as long as you do not connect to the interwebs maybe that is also a solution for you

i’d accept it at this point if it would just revert entirely to get stats, profiles, tournies and proper MMR back

Your best bet is to go here:

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/wc3-download-archive-1-00-1-31-1-beta-demo.326836/

I’d personally recommend playing 1.29.2 if you want a bug-free campaign experience, and having 1.31 on hand for custom campaigns. Most custom campaigns require it these days.

Naturally, this is only for people who own a Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne license. Please do not actually pirate the original game.

The only solution is play at GameRanger custom games If you only play RisK custom map. But I think they do not play ofc in the current patch, they use an older one.

When I was younger I developed a modified client of Patch 1.26 that was only 110MB and got down to like 100 MB if you put it in a zip to transfer it between locations, and it would still support custom maps and stuff.

You can do compression if you want, but who is going to pay for that?

I need to connect to play risk that’s the problem