If you could add Neutral Creeps from WoW

We’ve been introduced to a wealth of new races and creatures that we haven’t seen in the RTS. From Arrakoa to Vrykul, I think there’s plenty of potential for neutral creeps in new maps. The idea here is diversifying the tilesets with units that we’ve come to familiarize ourselves with through WoW.

If you could add some new creeps from WoW to Reforged, which ones would you like to see? It could be anything from the tornadoey Air Elementals of Classic to the latest Dinosaur models from Zandalar. Don’t let lore get in the way - these are purely for melee map aesthetics, to help diversify the creep options.

Personally, I’d like to see more Outland creatures to fill out the landscape. I love the design of the Ravagers, the skyrays and the Ethereals. Northrend also has a lot of potential with Vrykul, Val’kyr and the frost/storm giants.

I also think iconic designs like the Harvest Golem could fit in Lordaeron Fall tileset, and maybe some Troggs for Lordaeron Winter.

10 Likes

In my opinion, new creeps, if they are inspired by WoW, shouldn’t feel too out of place in Warcraft III’s style and lore. However, this is a very interesting idea. Not only would it bring more diversity in melee maps but it would give more potential to custom games as well.

So here are my thoughts:

• Dark Iron Dwarves, Silithids and Qiraji, various elementals (fire, air… like those in Arathi Highlands), slimy oozes would be nice.
  • I’d like more bandits models, because that moustache guy is ok but bandits could use more diversity. Bring on the Defias!
  • Animals: raptors, lions, sabre-toothed cats, gorillas…
  • Also, it’s not inspired from WoW, but I would love a flying demon like in WC2.
9 Likes

Spot on with those!

You’re right, I think the Defias look would be very fitting and more familiar as a bandit than the WC3 ones.

I’d love to see proper Dark Irons, slimes and silithid too. That would be really useful for any ‘War of the Shifting Sands’ style maps.

And we could totally use more demons of all types :smiley:

7 Likes
  1. I’lld love what they did with WoW about Outland creeps, whenever a creep we saw on Azeroth maps appear there they are ‘mutated’ versions like Bogstroks instead of Makruras etc…

2. Gorlocs would be fine in Northrend

3. Bog Beasts

4. Scorpids to replace Arachnathids in Barrens

I can probably find alot more just those came to my mind first

5 Likes

That’s why I’m hoping there will be DLC campaigns, have a vast of new creep potential, along with new tilesets.

And there are some creep races that are just close combat and casters. Why not add some ranged combat like satyr archers? And have some naga creeps to, along with some creeps of whats already playable races found in WoW, like some tauren and gnomes.

5 Likes

We lack the type of creep that sucks mana. Therefore, I suggest bringing in the Wretched. They will suck you dry.

The Worgen would feel themselves right at home in WC3. It’s sad their models require so much thoughtful work, all community efforts feel lacking.

A bit the opposite way, but it horrifies me that WoW has completely retconned the existence of golems. There are no Stone/Mud/Flesh golems in WoW at all!

P.S. If you want a bigger and badder variation of a level 10 creep (the likes of a Stone Golem or Dragon), add the Ooze. The Ooze is the most dangerous NPC in WoW. RiP Ironcob.

3 Likes

I loved the WoW Ooze!

I did some experimentation with shaders and created an Ooze model for SC2. I never got around to adding the skull and bones inside, but I liked how the slime look turned out. This clip is straight out of SC2, and I rigged the model to use WoW animations.

7 Likes

This looks like it could have been made for armies of azeroth. And I was so looking forward to that too.

4 Likes

Actually here is what I did for Armies Of Azeroth Slime HD by eges96 on DeviantArt it will look better in Sc2 ofcourse this is Warcraft III’s render

6 Likes

Definitely would like to see some of the dinosaur creeps like raptors. They are so integrated into WoW at this point that it would feel wrong not to see them.

I’m interested to see what they do with some of the iconic scenery from WoW. Locations like quelthelas have their own tile set that sets them apart from lorderon. It would be awesome to see them revamp those locations to have their unique WoW look.

3 Likes

Totally agree. While Dinosaurs may have been a rare thing in WoW, they’re only a step away from some of the existing creeps in War3 like the stegosaurus-looking Thunder Lizards.

I think they would be a great addition for a prehistory themed map.

2 Likes

There’s also lizards employed by Draenei in Outland in TFT! Missing in WoW. And if I remember correctly, WoW undergrounds lack underground lizards, too? Whereas they were both in RoC Stonetalon and TFT Rexxar’s zones.

On the topic, there are cool bog creatures in WoW (as seen in Hearthstone with the Fen Creeper), and weird versions of Trolls (represented in Hearthstone by the Gurubashi Berserker).

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Fen_Creeper

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Gurubashi_Berserker

2 Likes

I would add none. Because why would I do this?

3 Likes

You would make for a bad God. And for a good master procrastinator.

1 Like

Totally valid response :slight_smile:

Nothing needs to be added if you so wish, all opinions are welcome

1 Like

Dire trolls are one of my favourite designs from WoW!

I even made em for SC2 :smiley:

Photo Storage

2 Likes

The latest BFA patch was datamined.

I want to see these guys walking around the Sunken Ruins

5 Likes

I doubt that will happen but, that would be cool.

I would welcome any and all additions.

The only suggestion that immediately comes to mind is the odd absence of cats currently in game. I think some Lions, tigers, and nightsabers would be nice.

3 Likes

I think you’re right. I would love to see lion models in the game, and the frost and nightsabres without their riders.

1 Like