I want to control both my units and the enemies

I am kind of at wit’s end with this, I’ve been researching on how to essentially play a game of Warcraft 3 just by myself. I want to be able to control both the enemy and my units at the same time, no AIs present.

So far I’m not having luck as either there’s no solutions or the solutions require the world editor and having to read through tons of coding tips. I’ve gotten a headache from the sheer amount of stuff I’ve had to read through and ultimately find no solution.

I simply just wanna create fun little scenarios for myself and watch these little units battle it out. Does anyone know a simple way to do this? Is there a simple way to do this?

you could set up a multiplayer game with 2 profiles on 2 different computers.

1 Like

Would that mean I’d have to buy the game a second time?

i am not really sure. if the non reforged version of the game is free, you can run that on your second account. those versions runs on the same server but, i am not sure if it is free. if it is however, then you can use the HD version on your main account and the SD version on your secondary account.

Open map where you wish to set this up.

Go to Trigger Editor.

Click on “Melee Initialization,” and select and delete the “Melee Game - Run AI scripts for computer players” or whatever its called.

Then right click, and choose New Action. In the actions, search and find the “Set Aspect of Alliance” or “Set Alliance” or whatever it’s called.

Assuming you will be Player 1 (Red) in the game, and the two mindless teams that duke it out will be Player 2 (Blue) and Player 3 (Teal), you need to tell it to “Share full unit control and vision of Player 2 (Blue) with Player 1 (Red)” if that makes sense. Then share full vision of Player 3 (Teal) with Player 1 (Red) as well.

Save a backup if you get this far. For icing on the cake:
In the same initialization trigger, delete “Melee Game - Create starting units for all players” and replace it with “Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) matching (Matching player not equal to Player 1 (Red)) and do (Melee Game - Create starting units for (Picked Player)”

Then, you as the controller of the two teams will have no units. This makes you lose the game when it begins, so to prevent that, copy a gold mine and put it outside the map underwater, then double click the gold mine and set its owner to Player 1 (Red). Now, you have an invincible building for the entire duration of the map, so you can be sure not to lose the melee game.

Idk, maybe you don’t even need the offscreen immortal building, having full shared allies might save you, I forget.