I hope the finished hero models have their glow still

Really hope they add the team colored glow back to the feet and weapons of the new hero models. For one, it’s just one of those things I’ve always loved about Warcraft III. Helps the heroes stand out from the regular units and look special. Secondly, I was just looking at the screenshots on the game’s official page and hadn’t noticed the the paladin and blade master are actually in a few of them because they didn’t have their glow and therefor didn’t stand out amidst all the chaos.

5 Likes

I’m assuming that, since they’re particle effects, they weren’t updated (just like how in the Culling stuff we saw, it’s all the old spell effects and whatnot) just yet for the footage and screenshots. Same reason why in one of the trailers we see the Blademaster doing the Bladestorm animation but no whirlwind around him.

2 Likes

Team glows are not particle effects,they are meshes with different alpha channel settings, so let’s hope they do not mess it up in the release (also they removed team glows of portraits too for now)

I’m quite positive they are not going to remove such an iconic feature of Warcraft 3. They weren’t probably just remastered for the demo or they removed them to show the models better.

In the gameplay of the Culling of Strahtolme (https://youtu.be/x5caBx1qc3E), Arthas has a blue glow (minute 10:57) and Mal’Ganis also has green glow (minute 14:27)…
I think it is expected that all Heroes have their glow.
However, I do not know if it is something that they can “improve” soon we will see it I suppose :thinking:

They are still missing their weapon glows tho. I think they need to keep weapon glows, even if it seems tacky on realistic models. I mean, they already kept weapon proportions oversized, they might as well make em glow

2 Likes

I don’t like hero glows. Hero models should stand out by their own uniqueness. Maybe some particle effects on the weapons, eyes, armor etc. would be sufficient enough.

if possible, maybe they can put some code in where anything that gets made into a hero unit, like for a custom game will get the glow on the feet and weapons.

It’d definitely be a nice toggle option for units in the new editor.