Hello. I have both CD keys but I am unable to play Warcraft 3 classic without buying reforged? There is no option to download without buying reforged? Is this intended or am I missing something?
Hey there SirLaidlaw,
If you are logged in to this account and have the issue, then it is likely an issue on the Blizzard app. I would want to reset it and try again. You should be able to play without the HD skin.
Perform Steps 1-5 here after that do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:
- Open file explorer/file manager
- Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
- Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
- Empty the recycle bin.
Let me know if this helps.
I never understood lazy customer support. This is not working. If you don’t believe then try it yourself or ask the dev team.
I do have keys aswell, you can play w3 without reforged however you need to go to website Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment and get w3 reforged installer. Just install this way, and you will get classic version of reforged. You can’t install classic version of reforged directly from battle net client as there is only option to buy it.
i had the same problem. I had to download WC3 the frozen Throne installer from the bnet website to make the battle net app realize i own the app!
I also own W3 ROC and TFT and lost access to my licensed games. The Battle.net launcher cannot install WarCraft 3 Reforged for me and I cannot access original installers from my Battle.net account.
Customer support did not help me despite I contacted them twice and had long troubleshooting for several days.
It still gives me the only option of buying reforged.
- In the Battle.net desktop app click on the Blizzard logo in the top left and select Log out
- Above where you enter your email, to the right click on the Options (gear) icon
- Select Continue Without Logging In
- Now check to see if Warcraft 3 shows an Install option
If you are able to install the game this way once it’s installed you can log back in and it should be fine.
Make sure that you have your original Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos CD key registered to your Battle.net account and that it shows up on your games page.
Thank you it seems to be playable now without having to buy reforged. I hope they will fix this issue so it goes more smoothly.
This worked for me as well thank you very much!