I fixed Dalaran by myself, Blizz include it in your next patch please

Lets Make Dalaran Great Again!

All we suffer from the empty Dalaran in the Undead 07 mission.
I want to fix it.
I spent 12 hours and did some visual updates with existing in-game doodads and fixed some bugs.

V1.03
Changelog:

– Added color changing when Scourge units are under influence of Antonidas Aura (color changed to green in order distinguish it from AnimateDead buff)
– Added Walls
– Added buildings
– Added props
– Changed Camera Angles in cinematics
– Added Intro Cameras
– Added Ground and Flying Pathing Blockers
– Fixed issue with Attack waves containing undead units
– Abomination scream in Opening cinematic is fixed
– Archmages skins are different now
– Council Mage skins are more diverged now
– Added trigger to handle building visibility on the first entrance square

You can find map on hiveworkshop as Undead07fixed in maps resources.
Sorry I can’t put a link here - forum system does not allows me it.

Blizzard, if you don’t have time and budget for making good reforged Dalaran - just put this map in your next patch and give me a credit

47 Likes

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/undead07fixed.322337/#resource-87965

7 Likes

your work is great! (I doubt blizzard will acknowledge this though, since it would be admitting that their work was insufficient, and they wouldn’t be able to say “we worked hard on this” lol)

would you be interested in redesigning the original version? I don’t like the Reforged version of this level, its super easy which makes it boring, theres way too many “bonus” units you gain (like the giant metal golem) and I hate how they barely use the “magic poison” stuff… the original level was way better designed IMO

9 Likes

I’m good at visual part, but not very good at designing the mechanics. I could fill map with nice doodads and terrain from a box if I have the concept and sketch map.

4 Likes

that’s okay! hey, maybe we could work together on a map sometime in the future? I would be willing to pay you for some help making a map :slight_smile: if youre not interested that’s okay, but…

I have been wanting to finish improving a map I started working on several years ago (lol) and it would be very helpful to get another set of hands on this thing sometime… don’t worry Im not asking for this to happen anytime soon, but maybe some point in the future :slight_smile: If youre interested let know (just asking for help with doodads and cool castle looking stuff)

4 Likes

Give you credit???

Someone hasn’t read the new eula :frowning:

12 Likes

I’m interested. Do you have account on hiveworkshop?

1 Like

yes but I don’t use it much, you can msg me on bnet

Amazing job! ten times better than blizzard’s one!

3 Likes

I’m in Euoro

well you can still add me, i switch to euro too.

Or how about discord?

I sent the request in battle net. Lets connet the discord also.My nickname there is Jacob_Gordon #8065

2 Likes

hmmm i tried logging into euro but i still don’t see any friend requests… not sure why

i sent one to you on discord

That’s how you terrain a map! Rly well done.

Have you fixed the attack pathing of attack waves?

If you revive them with Arthas ultimate they are still influenced by attack pathing so when they enter a region they will be ordered to attack move to your base again. Yes, made by Blizzard team.

All the trigger need is an and condition with:
Owner of (triggering unit) not equal to (Player X)

2 Likes

custom campaigns seem to be the only way to get a “good” version of the campaign.

ill rebuy reforged to play a community fixed version. dont get ur hopes up for blizzard adopting the fixed map tho, its not gonna happen.

8 Likes

I added condition (Unit classification is undead = false), so when you revive them - they got classification “undead” and should not be directed as enemy attack wave

1 Like

What did you say? You fixed what? This is Blizzard’s work, Blizzard fixed it, not you. Stop trying to steal other peoples’ work.

3 Likes

This is nice!

1 Like

Finally, someone mentions what a poor job they did in changing Dalaran. They don’t even know how to use new doodads.
Thanks for your hard work! Map is much better now.

6 Likes

Great work!

This map was created with passion.

1 Like