I can't install classic WC3

I pre-ordered Reforged and I said I’d wait for it to come out but I can’t wait, I wanna play right now! I didn’t have a working copy of WC3 classic before, so I had to download the installer. I found a bunch of links, including from here: Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment

I can always download the installer, but never actually install the thing. The installing stops at 65% then it says “whoops! looks like something broke. give it another shot. More help:BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 - Blizzard Support

Yeah, I’ve tried most of these things and it still won’t work. Did anyone else experience this problem? And if so, how did you get over it?

make sure you choose to run as admin when running the installer

If you are running on MAC, contact tech support. The latest version of Warcraft has some problems with MAC

Nope, I’m running on windows 7.

Have you tried to run it as Admin?

Yeah, nothing has changed.

That’s rubbish. Look into the installation folder and empty it if there are files.
Is your Windows up to date?

looks like something broke indicates incompatible hardware. you only solution is to install it somewhere else and then copy it over. i did that with starcraft 2 to circumvent this issue.

Update: It’s all good now. It was data from an earlier attempt at playing WC3 that was making the instalation fail. I was using the not-working copy I reffrenced. I had to delete and uninstall every little trace of it, as I suspected I’d have to.
It didn’t actually take as long as I’d thought, but I needed help from a friend who knows more about this sort of thing.