How to Watch Replays in Reforged?

I saw the replay button works now but when I try to watch any of my recent replays after the update, none of them load. Am I missing something or an announcement? Or is it just not actually functional yet and I should wait?

1 Like

Just don’t tell anyone i told you this…

1 Like

Thanks for the link.

I tried using that method (verified correct file path, tried with " and no ") and it just launched the game without directly loading the replay

2 Likes

Thanks sir.
Tried it - on first load it appeared broken. Units were not moving. Gold mines loaded where shouldn’t be…but after hitting reload replay button it appears to be working properly. I’m sure its not without bugs tho.

Edit: It appears not all will load. Turtle rock + twisted meadows load, but Terenas stand nor Feralas do not. It maybe not even the maps, but replays themselves. Not sure. All the 1.32v. Also FPS much worse than normal game play.

1 Like

It’s not the case that some replays will load and some don’t, randomly. It’s just you can’t watch replays of past updates. You can watch replays of the current update only. To know if your replay can be played or not. Just open the game, go to replay, and seek the desired replay, if you can see the replay info on the replay panel and the green button “watch” enabled, the replay can be played by command line. If there is a message “unknown game” or something similar you can’t play that replay cause it is from a past update. I’ve just watched my recent replays of today and it is working, but i can’t watch past updates replays.

To play a replay. Put -loadfile “PathToYourReplay\YourReplayName.w3g” at the command line before you start beta. Example:

-loadfile “C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Warcraft III Beta\Replay\YourReplayName.w3g”

Then you start the game and it will start loading the replay right away.

PS: After the replay starts if nobody is moving, click on the restart replay button at the right bottom of the screen, it has a circle symbol on it. Sometimes the replay starts bugged like that but when you restart it, the replay will play normally. Enjoy. I’ll post images later.

Tutorial with images:

https://imgur.com/a/cISL85L

No not randomly…appears like it maybe related to maps for replays that do not load. All current version with the green watch. Tried case sensitive replay names too. When they don’t load correctly there is a border (right angel) graphic glitch in lower left of menu.

1 Like

Hey Guys,

Since this is the only article here that appears to be explaining how to watch replays and I couldn’t find the way I found anywhere else I decided to share it with you. On the current 1.32 patch you can save your replays in the following path ‘C:\Users<Username>\Documents\Warcraft III\BattleNet<open the folder with the random numbers>\Replays’. Just save your replays there, login into the game, go to ‘Replay’ and watch the replays that you just placed in the folder that I just mentioned above. Have fun !

Hi there, I’m on a MAC (Ventura 13.5.1 (22G90)) and have version 1.36 of WC3 installed. All replays saved when playing in single player mode are being saved and can later be watched. Any downloaded replay with the same version number and maps I have installed locally is not shown in the replay folder when opening it from the WC3 app. In the finder the files show. I’v already tried removing all xattr from the downloaded files but they won’t show from the W3C app still. Any ideas? Thanks

1 Like

Please check the dates on threads before bumping them. Consider making a new thread instead if it’s a very old thread.

When you say downloaded replays, do you mean from an external source like a website? or do you mean replays obtained within the game from the score screen after a Versus match?

If you’re getting replays from external sources, make sure they’re in the correct location./ Also there were some hotfix patches after 1.36 released, which might break replay compatibility, so make sure they were after the hotfixes.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Often times when opening new threads to same or similar topics in forums people are being asked to use the search function and don’t open new threads since “there is already one”. Here it seems different. Duly noted.

I mean from an external source, yes (warcraft3.info). As I’ve mentioned they are in the correct location. Assuming that replays of games played the same day had been played on the same version, I’m not sure one of the hotfixes is the problem. If so, they should at least be shown and when trying to open them throw an error (different version). Thanks anyways.

1 Like

Use Lady Risa’s replay tool, the game version from your replay probably doesn’t match.

Thanks Arctict, the only version I’ve found so far is for Windows and I’m on a MAC. Do you know of a version for Mac?

1 Like

On her site you can find a discord link. I’m not sure if there is Mac support.

I’m having exactly the same issue:

patch 1.36
replays in correct folder
replays downloaded externally via w3info, from the same day
still won’t show up in the in-game replay menu
LadyRiza’s tool has no Mac support

Did you find a solution?