How to play classic?

Hello there,

due to the elevated system requirements Reforged brought with it, I cannot play this new version of Warcraft III and hence would like to install and play classic.

Installing Warcraft III - Blizzard Support ← Here it says classic is available through the desktop app but I could not find an option for it. The keys for classic are already redeemed, yet it seems to favor Reforged and only show this as a game. It’s not in game options, either.

How can you install and play classic?

Thanks

The reference to classic isn’t the pre-Refoged classic. It’s just the Classic mode within the new game. If you want to play the original, pre-Reforged, you have to either install it from old disks, or find it online somewhere.

Thanks.

But the classic mode within the new game does not need to be installed, does it? And that does not appear to be an option in the Battle.Net desktop app, either.

Well, that’s not so convenient. My disks are stored some 100 kilometers away since I specifically registered their keys to be able to load it from the internet instead and not having to take them with me back then.

Downloading it from some 3rd party website (did Blizzard not maintain a public archive?) on the other hand neither seems legal nor without risk.

Both Classic and Reforged modes are in a single client so they both get installed and then just switch between modes (if you bought Reforged).

The keys you linked to your Battlenet now allow you to play the current classic (Classic mode).

Downloading from somewhere isn’t an issue as long as you’re not pirating it. For trustworthiness, there are a handful for fan sites that host the game.

yeah, it’s “Classic” but without unit shadows, constant freeze lags, random crashes and tons of other bugs. in other words WC3 Refunded.