How is everyone doing ? :>

Hey boys, how are you all doing ? kinda feel like it would be nice to chat around and see what is the current mindset of everyone here and what are their spicy plans, either as a map maker or a player.

Do you feel like you have any long term goals in playing War3 ? and by long term i don’t mean 2-4 years, i mean over a decade and more.

I came to what i like to call the more inner community Warcraft 3, being HiveWorkshop around 2015-2016 eventually made my account there and i do feel lucky a bit. there is a sense of dedication and love connected to wanting to play the game without no announcement or fancy stuff like Reforged. for me personally, it was a magical experience.

And this magical experience isn’t some wonder land, its just… it was just soo amazing that despite we had our heated debates and many formed and broken friendships brainstorming about my idea for a map being superior to the other guy, and the other guy sucked for this and that. at the end of the day we were united by our common love for Warcraft 3.

I feel like this sense of unification is lost now, for what i feel like, people just scattering, looking for selfish short term gains or just complete and utter loss of hope.

I am no Blizzard supporter, infact, its interesting i was talking to some people, and i said there are different layers of dislike i have in my heart for Blizzard, and what happened to Reforged.

In one aspect, i am one of the people who personally disliked the visual direction of the game, and noticed many of the functionality issues it causes. and how this was due to the decision of a member of the Classic Team, Brian Sousa.

In another aspect, … i never had a deep sense of passion and love towards “Blizzard”. they abandoned Warcraft 3 for such a long time, that when i came to be more interested, the last thing i thought of was Blizzard, or more specifically, Modern Blizzard. and more of how cool these amazing maps that people made. and the models, and the icons, and the tutorials, and how it was a free good will utopia. so in this other aspect i don’t even want to acknowledge “Blizzard” is keeping Warcraft 3 togather right now other then not unplugging the dedicated servers. and i see the Classic Team not as an extension of Blizzard, but as an official representatives of the core community. and how Blizzard effectively betrayed the playerbase and the development team dedicated for this game.

So a lot of resentment in my heart, i see a lot of people who happen to like the new visuals too, and support things like Browser Based UI. which i am personally in opposition to. but i do see their point.

There is also a lot of Toxic Negativity… AND Toxic Positivity.
My personal greatest fear for Warcraft 3 is if its left in this swamp and players are just expected to wait for 2-3-4 more years just so its fixed.

I can stay, not because of Blizzard, but because of the pre Reforged era dedication that was put in my heart. but lots of others don’t. and those lots of others are all potential friends of mine who slip away. so that’s another aspect i’d like to have your opinion on, are you a long term player ?

Blizzard didn’t market this game for the long term players, that much is factually self evident. they marketed it towards the short term people. hoping they would get money to support the long term people. but their gamble failed.

So, personally speaking, i am still slowly pushing myself to work on my map, and umm… i have quite a lot of ideas outside of my main project.
Smaller projects, that are just good, fun, maps. no next level stuff with the new natives and coding. i hope Blizzard looks out for people like me, the guys who still do make maps, but could use some cool features in the Object Editor, Trigger Editor and GUI natives. these ground level map makers drive the bulk of the content creation in terms of speed. while the more veteran people drop a big bomb super coded map once every 2 years or so.

My main project is giving life back to the somewhat dead map genre of “Altereed Melee”, sort of, my own map is too radically changed on the core of how melee works to be simply called Altered. so just a new RTS map in the Warcraft universe is a good way to describe it.

Because some people may love RTS, just not how Warcraft 3 did it, maybe they like idk… an Age of Empire style RTS for Warcraft 3. and so on. that’s sort of the mindset i have. but i plan to support it with lots of things, like sometimes i might create an entirely different map with a different mode just in the honor of dropping my next big update. and so on.

Another one is probably a singleplayer campaign mostly inspired by Wars and Warriors Joan of Arc.
:thinking: probably a recreation of Lord of the rings War in the north.
Re creation of the game… Preatorians.
Re creation of an RTS game… Rise of Legends.
Some assault defense style map in the style of the popular Medieval Zombie Invasion except made entirely from a fan fiction universe i made up in my mind. the concept of assaulting and defending is same as MZI but zombies are not the invaders. i plan to make it some army of black armored legions.

This about sums up my potential work for the next 10+ years for Warcraft 3. but how do all of YOU do ? (besides getting to play my maps :smirk:)

What personal hooks do you have that tie you to this game, that’s not connected to the hell spawn that is Modern Blizzard. remember, if at the end of the day you care about Warcraft 3. maybe you should consider being there for the game. maybe not now, but second chance few months or a year later ? so on.

Bro fist :fist_right: :fist_left:

3 Likes

I had several custom campaigns that I wanted to create now that I know more about code. W3 themed.

but after the sticks Blizzard gave the game it is difficult to feel motivated.

I correct one thing. blizzard did not think short-term. blizzard thought only to defraud his clients and that with some luck or the clients ignore it or fix it with mod.

As far as I know the browser allowed the W3Champions team to implement a ladder in the first place, which is good. I guess it’s not too bad, if they fix the performance issues that come with it.

1 Like

The browser based is more resource draining than the game itself.
The performance issues could be easy to solve if they knew how to use it.
The fact they could exploit it to implement the external ladder since Ghost++ is not working with battlenet 2.0 is a good thing.
The current interface represents 90% of the problems related to building a community in the first impact.
As the OP said, the game screams for casual players only.

(playing from release to 2010 more or less, having a full clan for several years. The whole community was built almost completely on the game chat. It is impossible now to do the same thing.)

1 Like

I resonate with mostly all of what you said except for singling out specific (former?) members of the Classic Games Team who worked on this project.

In my opinion, I have struggled greatly to accurately know what goes on within Blizzard Entertainment, so to me it seems like when you single out one guy you are probably jumping to conclusions. Based on what, exactly, I’m not sure, but I would guess it was based on the social channels on discord that I know we both follow which are filled with Russian trolls who constantly repeat a series of claims so that people eventially start to believe those claims regardless of how true they are. The people saying these things to you are not innocent fans of the game. In my personal experience the user with the medivh icon did not even know how to import a texture file into a custom map and was not willing to learn. Yet they claim to have been a part of creating the HD game mod, “Rebirth.” There are a lot of details of that situation that are unknown to me.

To be honest, I only follow this game and interact with it because of my emotional weakness. It gives me a place to feel socially relevant in an imaginary way. Everything that made my experience great on Warcraft 3 slowly slipped away. Those experiences only come back when I open the world editor and create something new, and our world is filled with an ocean of sick and twisted social mind games designed to prevent us from opening the world editor and to make us go online and talk to others in controlled environments instead.

The two most fun things I did with this game recently were in 2019 when I made or downloaded a custom map and dueled with a unique style of paladin almost every night for thirty or so days. It was a lot of work and sometimes I could not keep up, but when I did I was sometimes amazed by what I found. Other people in some instances made some of the most fun little paladin-duel custom maps that I had played in a very long time. I had content from all manner of players – the WoW model rip type, the deeply inspiring concept art type but where the map ends in crazy bugs, and then even maps made by people who just knew how to strive for simple but rewarding game mechanics.

I don’t really know how to top that off at all, but I also don’t totally feel like I have to. Those experiences filled me with opportunities to play the patch 1.30-1.31 era game, which was basically its own game separate from Reforged and from Classic that Modern Blizzard made with love and care for the long term fans before the big release, to try to grow them into being people who were ready for Reforged. Because of this, it was basically like playing the old game I knew and loved, with the same old style of menu and custom map support, but with modernized systems like 16:9 resolution and no need to port forward to host a game and unlimited map size for custom games and all kinds of new customizable script systems for user interface modding and unitless projectile systems and new scripting language support added for the new vJASS and lua languages, and countless other things. That is the Reforged. And they gave it to us willingly out of their generosity, even though the financial world backtabbed their hearts out for it.

So I had a lot of good experiences. But when I didnt have other people interacting with me sharing paladin duel maps and making free upgrades beyond my wildest dreams like the multi-year-spanning Reforged prepatches, on my own I enjoy the game by analyzing it and then trying to modify it to make something unique based on the same systems. I did this the best when I opened up the Reign of Chaos Patch 1.00 from the disk and I edited the standard units in Microsoft Excel and replaced the Night Elves with some half-finished Corrupted Night Elves and then played them against computer opponents.

I think that if the world government still allows the purchase and sale of personal computers in 10 years, I hope that I will still be opening Reign of Chaos Patch 1.00 and editing it in Microsoft Excel again. It’s really rather fun. More fun than I expected.
But I hit a bug with that code system and I had to face the fact that I will not be able to fix the bug. So, to combat this, I may spend time trying to make a replica game that loads the same game data, so that I can pick up where I left off, fix the bug, and go back to having fun.

1 Like

did you even try asking for a refund before posting this crap? they did offer refunds but the game isnt new anymore

what does that mean, you cant play on Classic graphics? or you mean the original client? technically it is possible to run the original client if you still have your original CDs, or a backup installed on your hdd, or download it off the internet… its pretty basic stuff if you just do some reading

That was pretty immature, not only are you attacking the devs but you are being racist as well? You think the company actually reads this nonsense and thinks they need to fix the game cuz you called them names? The game released 8 months ago and you are posting like its brand new? how can you be so late to the party lol

yea well there isnt a specific section dedicated to “hate mail” but you did kinda just hijack the OPs post, not sure why you couldnt take the extra 2 seconds of creating a new post? I guess you probably didnt take much time reading anything about the game when you posted this though

@ wc3tutor
You got offended on Blizzard’s behalf? :smiley: And btw, the Juice isn’t a race. And you got offended on their behalf as well :smile:

Criticism comes in all shapes, and his anger in this case is justified, I believe.

yeah im doing pretty bad because the game doesnt support making friends anymore so no one wants to talk and have a good time, much less play a game that they dont already know

1 Like

Exactly. Impossible to build a community thanks to casual interface.
They went from:
Start game, join channel, get people, play.
To
Start game, play, flame.

But, girabou, you must understand that 20 years ago the average age of players was way higher and they just wanted to have a good time.
Now they just cater 14-17 mobile kids with access to payments or 17-20 lifeless emos trying to unleash their sadness online.

But that’s not blizzard, that’s everywhere.

Want to play better games? Go back in time…

i dont understand how people can say this, theres multiple WC3 communities on reddit and discord, plus I’m in several clans (unofficially) but at least 3 different clans that used to exist in the original game are still active despite their being no clans currently, they just use the chat tool located within the Bnet app… I also have over 30 friends on my friends list which is more than they used to allow!

what exactly is missing besides the official clan organization feature, and stats? there is now multiple ways for people to chat thanks to the new bnet app, and the one thing I actually like is people cant constantly change their names anymore (which is actually a good thing IMO)

i dont think thats true, most of the competitive players that I know are currently in their 30s, and weve been playing the game since our preteens

I feel like a lot of these complaints dont make any sense, and are just complaints for the sake of complaining, even though it has nothing to do with wc3

That’s exactly the problem. In game chat was the meeting point for players. The game started in chats and channels that were easily accessible and easy to use. There were technical limitations due to, well, 20 years ago resources, but beside that you knew where and how to find people and it was “in wc3”.
Now you got a broken and unfriendly interface. The commands are confusing. 7 months and people still ask how to go back to lobby chat from a whisper. Alt tab to battlenet chat is a shame in 2020.

Never said anything about competitive playing.

Well, you may consider it a complaint but that’s what’s happened, care to read some paper?

tutor guy just isnt even worth any replies because he lacks empathy and cannot begin to fathom relating to anyone with an opinion he finds “”“whiny”“” or not to his ““iq””
thats why he needs to act like he cares if someones being racist to… a religious group? lol the lack of education…
and he acts like sungod cant read

unfortunate but true. i wish they didnt get rid of the old client so that at least some of the normals would come back around like they used to

3 Likes

yet you seem obsessed with me and cant stop talking about me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

kinda funny how you go around insulting me when I didnt do anything… yet you stand up for the racist bigot, pretty easy to figure out the problem here

but now we are extremely off-topic, so if you want to keep talking about me, please feel free to start a new thread dedicated just to me!!

currently I still don’t have a decent PC to run Reforged but even so I’m already planning how to do an “Actually Reforged” Campaign

I’m doing fine.

Went DOOM > RE3 > FF7 > ghosts of tsushima. Cyberpunk in the future. Personal opinion, Horizon is only good with its expansion. Reason being you can tell the world is missing a few groups and the frozen wilds will double your experience. Hopefully horizon 2 will expand beyond just its western setting.

The great PS5 debate whether to get it this holiday or wait till 2021 after the bugs are sorted out.

The popular hazbin hotel cartoon pilot has just been picked up. Looking forward to a season with angel dust.

Japanese comics are replacing American comics because the American comics went political activists and no 1 is reading them over dragon ball super or naruto. Marvel keeps shoving captain marvel in our faces saying “you will love her!” even though her book has been cancelled 6 times. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

Very excited about synder’s justice league as he showed us a better steppewolf than whedon’s.

Star Wars is having a Disney civil war as they might erase the sequel trilogy to make money. The merch isn’t selling and the theme parks can be salvaged to be repainted as the OGT.

1 Like

We call it the YourArthas effect.

hah, looks like you’re having some spicy fun.