How do open World editor?

I just recently got a new PC and for some reason I don’t have access to the World editor. Most people say just to go to Start in Windows and open up WC3 folder thing and click on world editor. But for me, when I go to start I can’t open Warcraft 3, instead it just launches the game.

If anyone knows for to fix this please let me know. Sorry If this is confusing cause trust me, it is.

For me it’s located in warcraft III folder in x86 or x86_64 folder

1 Like

The World Editor is its own executable, World Editor.exe, it’s not launched from the game. It’s inside the x86 or x86_64 folder inside your Warcraft 3 install folder.

1 Like

When I run WE exe it’s opens Blizzard Launcher and nothing happens next. What’s wrong?

2 Likes

To confirm, you’re talking about the non-Reforged editor? I’d like to re-iterate what Shar and Butcher said. I installed WC3 just the other day onto a new computer from a download using my Battlenet account and the only executable in my Program Files/Warcraft III folder is the “Warcraft III Launcher.exe”. If I go to either of the x86 or x86_64 folders, I can find both “Warcraft III.exe” and “World Editor.exe” executables. Both of those work for me to open the editor. Does this differ what what you’re seeing on your computer?

Reforged World Editor opens differently. It just pops up the launcher because you have to start the Reforged Editor from the launcher. The EXE was overridden to fail and do nothing so that it has to launch from the little tiny Launch Editor button on the Battle Net Launcher.

It’s totally different from legacy Warcraft III. On the classic non Reforged version you just run the EXE

8 Likes

In the launcher you can see Option, Redeem a code, Shop warcraft III, then the last one is launch editor, just click it.

2 Likes

Because heaven forbid people be able to make maps for Warcraft III offline for free anymore. Everthing is verified through the dam launcher. At the very least we still have the original starcraft for free.

2 Likes

Now that I have reforged I can’t find where to open the world editor can anyone help me with this? its not in the x86_64 folder and its not by the options and redeem code buttons. where is it now?

5 Likes

This is ridiculous!!! Such a great game and nice upgrade to a classic and I can’t create offline!!! This is absolutely devastating.

Hi, I also can’t find the editor. I see a folder named x86_64 but there is nothing in it except the actual Wacraft 3 game itself.

The reason why I want to open it is simply to play the fan remake of Wacraft 2:

See in youtube: LoreCraft Designs

It says in their FAQ that their maps need to be downloaded and “place them in your Warcraft III\Maps\Download folder”. However I am not seeing such folder.

Anyone can help?

Search for: “threads/chronicles-of-the-second-war-tides-of-darkness-demo.327574”

There are 2 folders with warcraft 3 reforged files. One folder is that warcraft 3 folder inside program files folder but the folder wich holds the maps you play inside the game are in this path below, it’s inside your documents folder. The path is this, just notice “YourUserName” is just an alias of your real username in your pc:

C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps\Download

I’ve said this elsewhere but the old editor can be accessed offline as a Windows EXE, not through the Battle.net launcher.

If you think about it, that old offline editor tool already existed and some guy was just paid to make it behind a Blizzard Launcher. There is not any internet functionality available in the editor, even on Reforged, so it makes sense that the editor still does not require the internet.

To use the editor outside Battle.net launcher, you have to pass it the “-launch” argument on command line. This is the same as what the Battle.net launcher’s button does to start the editor.

2 Likes

Why is this thread active again? It’s from June of 2019.

To open World Editor the proper way, you do it through the Launcher.

To open World Editor while offline, run the exe file with the “-launch” argument. This also works for the game itself.

The original post is not even about 1.32 as 1.32 released in 2020. The proper answer to the original post’s question is in the first 2 replies.

So what if there is no editor on the app lancher?

And when ever i click on the editor it just brings me to the launcher, where there is nothing?

For me it’s located in warcraft III folder in x86 or x86_64 folder

After installing WC3:R, if the link to launch the editor does not appear in BattleNet, log out of BattleNet and back in. The link should now populate below the WC3:R logo.

This worked for me after the link was not appearing.