How did 1.31 pass PTR and internal testing?

Yes and there is more than enough time to fix this issue don’t you think? You argue over and over again with Reforged was advertised to run on MAC - i start to think you don’t know what Reforged is

or english

yea cause everything I said was non-sense

So what are your points? That a finished and released product like wc3 should have patches that break features? That I shouldn’t expect anything because I use it on Mac? That I shouldn’t voice my opinion on the matter? That I’m an idiot for doing so?

Ridiculous.

Why did you preorder a game in 2019 if it was released in 2002? just to claim the right to complain? do you not understand how preordering and betas work?

Ive purchased wc3 at least 3 times over the years but I don’t find it necessary to complain, I try giving suggestions on how to improve the game and blizzard doesn’t listen, but that doesn’t give me the right to complain. Im just being wise and not preordering until Reforged is actually finished

Guys stop. Blizzard did this not on purpose but to be fair its Apples fault in the first place to kill 32bit support for whatever reason. games like reforged won’t need any 64bit support and why they pushed this update has various reason obviously

Anyone besides these two have any input? Is PTR generally unused? If so what’s the point?

Far as I remember there was no Mac PTR available.

2 Likes

Interesting! I did not realize that. So for Mac this patch was 100% dependent on their internal testing.

1 Like

To put it simply,
Warcraft 3 that was released all those years ago did not support 64bit and never advertised any kind of 64bit release.

Warcraft 3 Reforged does advertise 64bit update but It’s currently not released yet. so what update we get on Warcraft 3 atm, is actually just “test and beta/alpha” versions of the 64bit update on Reforged.

So at the end of the day, Blizzard is not at fault too much for some accident like this on their “not-yet-supported” platforms.

But I’m sure they are more than happy to fix the problems, so if you find them, It would be great to provide feedback and they can all make sure the final product that will be released as Warcraft 3 Reforged, will have no bug or problem anymore.

I can’t help but feel there should be a beta branch with all these test versions. Then they can push the updates to the release branch. It just seems rushed.

I do agree with the idea that it will “eventually” be fixed. Just seems weird to send out a large change without any PTR.

I am curious how much internal testing they did for this patch.

Typically with software engineering you’d have tests to catch regressions that occurred during this patch. Will they be changing this process or just keep doing more of the same? At release will this process be improved or should we still expect every patch to introduce breaking bugs? Just some questions I’m thinking of. Hopefully we’ll get some answers soon.

Well, I say there is still quite a while until release,
So it’s best that the game break now than later.
at least they can’t ignore it and leave the fix for later if it end up in a bad situation.
if they didn’t released this patch now and there wasn’t a large number of player experiencing bugs, these bugs might have end up showing up in later releases.

But it’s true that putting these into a “opt-in” beta might have been better. but I don’t have much knowledge about the working of these patches so i can’t provide much judgment,

My money is on WC3 Reforged having a pretty small team to keep the Return on Investment really high as its basically a money grab at this point.

For those few staff, they will be overworked considering the amount of work that is needed to make the game stable let alone begin to meet customer expectations. New players want a modern refined experience and the current loyalists just don’t want the game to get broken…both will end up disappointed at this rate.

Because the workload will be skyrocketing and Blizzard won’t want to change the release date for fear of reducing their precious profit margins. Staff will constantly be thinking about what has to be done next rather than focusing on doing a quality job like they used to…let alone have time for proper testing.

This is red flagged by the fact they released a patch that they new was of poor quality. They effectively say that in their release notes, its not the old Blizzard way to release something that isn’t polished…

Limiting resources, strict deadlines and too much emphasize on short term profits is a plague on the gaming industry and unfortunately Blizzard has lost what made the company great.

p.s. there is also truth in the fact the PTR has so few players as a tool its ineffective. That isn’t an excuse for rushing things to hit a deadline though.

1 Like

cause this game is dead no one wants to test ptr.

cause this game is dead no one wants to test ptr.

If this game was dead people wouldn’t be playing it. Go back to your cave, troll.

I don’t know if all your problems can be solved like mine were, but all my problems with new patch were solved just putting " -graphicsapi Direct3D9" without quotes, in the path to the game in the shortcut i use to execute “Warcraft III.exe” in my “x86_64” folder in my warcraft 3 folder. Solved my fps tearings and indeed made my game even faster than before. Thanks blizz, new patch is awesome.

Try opening the game thru the warcraft3.exe on the x86_x64 folder or the x86 folder, one of those should work for you.

1 Like

how did it pass PTR testing ?

it didn’t, a very VERY LOW population of people ACTUALLY test on PTR and gather news. blizzards only choice after delaying for so long was to actually get the patch OUT and then gather information and fix them.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more with stormknight very few people test on the PTR and it is impossible for bliz to test every permutation of hardware and OS.

People need to bare in mind that they are working towards integrating w3 into their battle-net 2 infrastructure. If you look in the patch notes on AT it says they can’t make it work in the legacy system but that it will work with the release. The implication is that the backend is moving to the new battlenet 2 infrastructure where everything will work as intended.

All this to say - the game is not just a reskin. There is significant work to improve and modernise w3 whilst leaving the gameplay the same. It appears that they are currently trying to support the legacy battlenet system (to allow us to continue playing) whilst working towards the reforged move away from it. This must be a nightmare to work with.

It boggles my mind that there are still people arguing that it is all the customer’s fault that the product is faulty.

2 Likes

Get your act together, Blizzard. This is just embarrassing. 1.31.1 already to fix this ocean of bugs…