How did 1.31 pass PTR and internal testing?

On macos I cannot load into any game. Always crashes. I also crash if I use the keyboard shortcut to go from full screen to windowed. The game is pretty much broken for me with this patch.

There are many other bugs being reporting like crashing on alt+tab, items disappearing after being dropped, map editor corrupting maps on save, strings in games being jumbled, not being able to boot up, etc…

How did this pass PTR with so many huge glaring issues? This not a beta early release title and this update should never have passed testing.

6 Likes

they prolly didn’t get any feedback on this stuff on PTR, that’s why. and i doubt the 5-10 people on the classic team played much of the ptr themselves, as they’re prolly busy as it is and rely on the community to do that sorta stuff.

the only thing people cared about were balance changes, not quality of life, so that’s the only thing they really got feedback on :\

2 Likes

It’s not the community’s responsibility to test code. If they aren’t confident in the code they shouldn’t rush out patches.

This is a paid product. Patches that completely break the major product features like custom games shouldn’t happen regularly. Edge cases of course happen, but it sounds like it’s unplayable on macos at least right now.

We shouldn’t be so accepting of this. How do they not have automated tests to ensure custom games load or basic features work?

2 Likes

macOS ends 32bit support so you guys better be happy that WarCraft gets an upgrade to 64bit or else it would be unplayable for ever.

And they can’t test their code on every machine out there. I know some dudes in my discord channel with MAC and no problems. Soo…
Also the implementation is not that easy like simply checking a box “[X] 64bit” - its really really complicated

Considering they advertised macos support for reforged (which allows switching and crossplay between classic and reforged) I would expect nothing less than macos support. Lol.

So it works well for that one guy. Nice.

1 Like

Patch 1.31.0 is NOT reforged and simply telling you that kinda feels stupid

Reforged is built on the same underlying engine. In order for reforged to work on macos they needed to update the engine 64bit. I would expect nothing less since they advertised macos support.

Reforged itself is simply a rendering layer.

1 Like

Again: Patch 1.31.0 is NOT reforged and simply telling you that kinda feels stupid.

For sure. Just replying to this:

“macOS ends 32bit support so you guys better be happy that WarCraft gets an upgrade to 64bit or else it would be unplayable for ever.”

This had to happen for reforged to have macos support as advertised.

You got me wrong here. I am saying that you guys have to look over the hiccups because the end of 32bit will kill MANY MANY games on your machine. I am very certain that the time till November is more than enough to fix all that and till then - well - sh#t happens

Not sure what you’re saying anymore. I’m talking about wc3 not other games. I expected it to get updated to 64 bit as advertised.

I’m not going to “be happy” that they fulfilled their promise of macos support on a product I paid for. It was expected.

I also expect patches to not break custom games regularly.

To be fair - you bought a 32bit game so far.

are you playing Reforged right now? no your playing a 17 year old game that is getting updated and has problems… you chose to preorder an unrelease/unfinished product, so you don’t have the right to complain about something that is incomplete and unreleased

that’s actually how most online games work these days, hell I even played a single player game that had alpha and beta tests, an unfinished release and constant patches and all that… for a single player game

I know theres free multiplayer games out there, but wc3 is not like other games, so relax a bit… if you had played the game for the past 20 years like some of us around here, you would realize that this change has other problems besides just not working on Macs (which btw macs are kinda shtty for gaming, but whatever…)

again, you are talking about a 17 year old game, not a recently released game

Not sure what any of your points are lol.

Wc3 is not an unreleased product. You can still play using the release keys bought a decade ago. Wc3 is not an alpha. Patches shouldn’t be causing major feature disruptions for so many people at this point

Btw I have played this game since release. And I actively play it on my gaming pc (1080ti + 9700k @ 5ghz) and my 2018 MacBook pro which I use for software development.

Flawaffles youre right, I was an idiot for trying to explain to this guy that TFT does not equal Reforged :frowning: damn how dumb was I to reply to this OP damn damn damn

1 Like

Reforged is Wc3 wrapped in a rendering layer. As such, engine updates need to be built into classic to work in reforged.

The devs already explained this last year, but it sounds like you weren’t aware. I know this patch is not the reforged release.

Yes and there is more than enough time to fix this issue don’t you think? You argue over and over again with Reforged was advertised to run on MAC - i start to think you don’t know what Reforged is

or english

yea cause everything I said was non-sense

So what are your points? That a finished and released product like wc3 should have patches that break features? That I shouldn’t expect anything because I use it on Mac? That I shouldn’t voice my opinion on the matter? That I’m an idiot for doing so?

Ridiculous.

Why did you preorder a game in 2019 if it was released in 2002? just to claim the right to complain? do you not understand how preordering and betas work?

Ive purchased wc3 at least 3 times over the years but I don’t find it necessary to complain, I try giving suggestions on how to improve the game and blizzard doesn’t listen, but that doesn’t give me the right to complain. Im just being wise and not preordering until Reforged is actually finished