How can i play classic Warcraft III

I can’t find any way to play Warcraft III even though i payed for it. I havent found a way to play it since reforged came out and i don’t want to buy reforged. Why must i be tormented so. i just want to play a childhood classic :frowning:

All I can say is YARRRR AHOY MATEY or buy original CDs from eBay.

If you want to play Reign of Chaos, I recommend you to visit wc3champions website and download its server addon.

Attach your WC3 RoC CD key (which you brought) to your BattleNet account. Install Warcraft III Reforged. Play Warcraft III with classic graphics and technically with official support as well. It uses the same launcher, started from the BattleNet App…

If your computer cannot handle it is another question. If this is the case you may want to consider upgrading it as it is unlikely all modern games will run on it at all.

bought WCIII Reforged, downloaded it, only for a statement to come up saying it could not be played with my PC. Yet the information, in Blizzard’s website, states what I need to play the game on PC. Perhaps I bought the wrong version, of the game, but now I find myself blocked from buying another one.

You may want to start your own topic about the issue. Mentioning your PC specifications is also important, such as dxdiag listing.

Be aware that Reforged has raised the minimum system requirements to play Warcraft III substantially, even if playing with the same old classic graphics using your original Reign of Chaos CD Key. You need a system running at least Windows 7, with a 64bit OS and a DirectX11 compatible GPU. The GPU does not need to be fully DirectX11 compliant, just support the API (DirectX10 compliant should work). Most compatible GPUs will have enough video memory for classic play, and at least 4 GB of system memory is recommended as the move to 64bit and memory mapped I/O has increased memory usage a tad.