Hey Pete what are you and the other devs doing?

What have you guys been up too all year? The finished product looks like a downgrade of what you showed a year ago, how do you go from a nice polished product like that, too a turd that can’t stay synced up, has a lot of latency issues, has piss poor animations, and lack of any kind of lighting, or spell effects?

30 Likes

We’ve been known to disagree, Ch3rn0, but I’m also surprised as to the almost 180 that the WC3R project has taken.

I can see how deciding to not use new voice acting would greatly prune the new content. Everything that had new voices would have to go: cinematics, cut scenes, recons, etc. But what’s with all the other new content that’s being pruned as well? Partial reversion of the models/graphics, reversion of the UI.

Something significant happened along the way that so much had to be cancelled, pruned, scrapped, etc. Could it have been a gross underestimation of the time needed, and with the deadline coming, that which couldn’t be somewhat finished was either scrapped (or postponed)? Maybe something else entirely? It’s just such a big departure from what initially was planned, that one has to wonder.

And in true Bliz fashion, say little to nothing as to what is behind it all.

By the EULA, all digital purchases are final, however Bliz will often offer refunds if they are requested fairly soon after purchase as a courtesy. The fact that they are allowing refunds of WC3R as much as 8 months later, to me, says that they are acknowledging their decision to virtually 180 the project.

Bummer.

8 Likes

you gotta be really stupid too think they would do a downgrade from blizzcon, also if you watch the gameplay trailer the current game resembles it.

if you don’t like the game currently plz just leave we don’t need your negative attitude here and making posts for the sake of trying to hurt the developers isn’t helping either you baby.

4 Likes

In what ways is OP hurting the devs? he is asking a honest questions, what were they doing, a year long silence then they give us WC3 The Teletubby edition. If devs are sensitive like a tissue paper then they shouldn’t be working in the industry. If they cannot deliver a promised product as shown in the 2018 that encouraged sales and pre-orders then they are answerable.

What proof do you have that the devs are getting hurt by this post? are you a dev yourself? if so deliver the project we were promised.

11 Likes

And what kind of response you expect them to give from a thread like this? You want to know the devs daily life? Are you asking for devs vlogs? Say directly, precisely what are you requesting. What do you want to debate with them here? Is this thread just an outburst? You call this

What have you guys been up too all year? The finished product looks like a downgrade of what you showed a year ago, how do you go from a nice polished product like that, too a turd that can’t stay synced up, has a lot of latency issues, has piss poor animations, and lack of any kind of lighting, or spell effects?

honest requests? kkkk

1 Like

I am genially concerned about what is going on at blizzard considering they have been having a pretty rough year, have lost a lot of their public support, and goodwill over how they handled the blitzchung incident, and now a lot of prominent figures at blizzard have left the company. It is all really concerning too me, especially because the closer we are getting to release the more it looks like w3r is not going to be up too the blizzard standards of quality we are used too.

3 Likes

i am normally a more negative person and i am kinda concerned too, but i think there is still enough time and that they will upgrade it at release to a 2018 or better version.

remember we dont know release date yet, and i am really happy about this, cause the more time they have the better the game can be.

thats why i hate guys who hurry and want to play the game already next month… >:(

They are definitely not watching your post.

1 Like

Please bring back the perfect graphics from Blizzcon2018 :smiley:

1 Like

Then the forum will be filled by protest for those graphics.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone here is in a hurry to play the game. In fact, I think most people would be fine if they postponed the release, but it was Blizzard themselves who said that the game will be released this year.

And yeah, we don’t know the exact date, but we do know that it’s just a bit over a month now at the latest, so there really is not much time anymore.

1 Like

I hope and think they will fix that! :grinning:

So… What we need now is wait and hope! They will can do fix this things :smiley:

This feels like a scam for now…hyped Blizzcon, now we have an alpha stage of the game which they call Closed Beta…if this is Closed Beta what was Alpha like for them?

3 Likes

big time scam, its really disappointing what has been happening at blizzard the last year. I hope they can salvage it before it’s too late. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Ch3rn0 stop trolling.

Beta software is a pre-release version of the final application, it may be unstable or lack features that will be be included in the final release. Therefore, beta software often comes with a disclaimer that testers should use the software at their own risk. If you choose to beta test a program, be aware that it may not function as expected.

This guy🤣 you are saying stop trolling?
You are one the most useless sh1tposter here lmao

1 Like

Bastianpp some of us actually know what “beta” actually means. You apparently do not…

ok boomer.
maybe in the old days that is what a beta was
but in modern times a beta is just early access or early release
of the finished product.
The real beta starts when they officially (soft launch) the game in about a month, because lets face it the game won’t be ready too launch and blizzard themselves said that it will launch without ladder and many of the features missing. Will the full campaign even be available at launch or will that be released in chapters?
What you don’t realize is that blizzard has pulled a Anthem/Fallout 76 with Warcraft reforged, and no one cares because Warcraft 3 has a small community.
If this was a larger game like wow or a fallout game people would be up in arms, journalists would be writing articles and youtube videos would be made about how blizzard lied and downgraded the finished product from the original reveal.

4 Likes

I’d like a more authoritative declaration concerning this, as of now we only have your opinion.