Has Frozen Throne been cancelled now?

Hello all, I have been a Warcraft fan for many years, in each iteration, and have found that my Game Client for The Frozen Throne will no longer work anymore…
I am assuming this is because of the recent release of that Reforged nightmare, and Blizzard trying to strong-arm people into purchasing a product they have not gotten working correctly yet.
I have heard nothing but BAD reviews of WC3 Reforged, to the point that Blizzard has been prompted to refund people their payments for it. Beyond that, I do not have any desire to purchase a game that I have owned now for years, just because Blizzard decided to make it shinier, but ended up breaking it in the process. Unfortunately, Blizzard Entertainment has never cared about the players who pay their salaries, and sees fit to ruin their experiences every time they come up with a new TERRIBLE idea. Is this another example of Blizzard playing God, and hurting their fan-base for it, or is there still a way that my old, paid for, game client can be used still, without having to go out and spend money on Reforged??
Thanks in advance!!

3 Likes

I don’t know why your copies of TFT don’t work, but TFT has never gone anywhere through out the versions.

The Reforged client contains both RoC and TFT together, and you only need a RoC game key to play them both (you don’t need a TFT key).

Yeh Frozen Throne was phased out sometime last year. Now it either uses Reign of Chaos or Reforged for online authentication. Either approach is the same patch level, which is Reforged and basically 99% the same as The Frozen Throne except for a few 1.32 balance changes.

Your Reign of Chaos CD key still works to play Warcraft III versions beyond 1.32. One just has to make sure it is attached to a BattleNet account.

Actually consumers are entitled to refunds within the first month or so under typical consumer protection legislation that is in effect in places like the entirety of the EU and the UK.

Most of the refunds are either returns (the product was brought by mistake as it does not run on their system due to being below the minimum requirements), or due to poor value proposition (already own RoC CD key so have access to most of the content anyway). Nothing is technically wrong with Reforged although it was miss sold and to may is a tad too expensive for what extra it offers.

Yes. Attach RoC CD key to your BattleNet account. Download patch 1.32.1 or newer. Enjoy playing practically The Frozen Throne. Even looks as good as the same but with decent widescreen support.

Yes some features are temporarily missing, such as the ability to play custom campaigns or online ranking, but this will hopefully be fixed in future.

Why Chaos Orc Marine was removed I do not know. Still waiting for an explanation on that one. For now it resolves to the standard Marine model.

Dude, this is NOT what the guy asked. The guy wants to run a version of the game from before Patch 1.32.

Stop with this nonsense of telling people there’s nothing wrong with 1.32 and that they should support bad business practices by updating to it; you couldn’t be more wrong if you tried.

3 Likes

Hello all, and thanks for all of the feedback on this topic, but I have found new & improved problem with this now…
I no longer meet the system requirements for the game, with the release of Reforged, even though I have played WC3 for YEARS, even Decades, on this exact computer. Now it turns out that if I want to play a game I have owned since it came out, i have to go out and buy a whole new computer, or get a new graphics card. Just get a gun & ROB ME Blizz, and be done with it, you criminals!!
WOW they really shot themselves in the foot with this thing didn’t they??

1 Like

Even if you buy a new PC for your old Warcraft, Reforged will run worse than the original on your old PC.

1 Like

Can you play older versions? Yes, of course.
Can you play them on Battlenet? No. The original Battlenet was deprecated and is no long accessible, although you can play on the new Battlenet without a additional fee.

I have heard this as well, but I do not want to buy Reforged at all. I just want to have the games I paid for in the past, available to me, without being forced to buy them again.
Blizzard seems to have turned into a money grubbing corporation as of late, and lost their expertise in game design in the process…
I am inclined to think this is because they were acquired by Activision, which is a well known cash grab entity, who then proceeded to layoff a massive chunk of existing Blizzard staff, the ones who actually cared about their jobs, to make room for more corporate robots, who just follow orders, and MAKE THAT DOLLAR.
ACTIVISION is going to be the DEATH of Blizzard Entertainment, and all of their properties, mark my words!!

2 Likes

You can only play original wc3 online on battlenet if you update it to reforged.
So no: you can not play old warcraft online at battlenet.
Only NetEase and private servers.

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what it just said. You can play original Warcraft, you can not play on Battlenet.

This is frustrating as well, that in order to keep playing a game we have had for decades, we have to go out and find bootleg services…
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU BLIZZARD??

Realistically how many other 18 year old game’s do you still have access to their online services?

Starcraft 1.

You mean you can Access Battlenet 2.0 via Starcraft Remastered and play in classic mode…

Most systems do not last a decade. My longest lasting system, an Intel Core I7 920, lasted about 10 years before it eventually died. During that time I had a GPU and 2 PSUs fail. I also had to upgrade it to a SSD and tipple its memory.

Except with classic graphics (same old RoC CD Key will work for this). Which still runs very well even now. Like silky smooth locked 60 FPS.

Yet Activision Blizzard published Spyro Reignited and many other critically acclaimed remakes and remasters…