GUIDE: Fixing the ReForged Campaigns

Hey, friends!
If you don’t want to wait for Blizzard to fix the campaigns - you can do it yourselves.
I wrote a detailed guide for you:

|https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/guide-changing-campaigns.326989/#post-3443937|

What’s it fixing specifically?

Anything you want.
It explains how to edit campaing maps and launch your edited maps through the campaign menu.
You can even turn vanilla campaigns into custom campaigns.

That sounds more like modding than fixing.

And what’s the difference?

1 Like

Huh? What’s the difference?

One is altering working things to behave differently than intented.

The other is altering broken things to behave as intented. o.O

Sometimes “intended” doesn’t mean “better”.
In original WC3 The Black Rock Clan had Dark Spear headhunters. That was changed in reforged.

2 Likes

That’s what I was going for with my first reply: specifics.

You can call it whatever you want, man :slight_smile:

My first reply wasn’t about what to call it. I was asking for specifics on what was broke.

In other words, what do I need to use your guide to fix?

Lol this Leviathan guy never even played the game. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not a tool.
It’s a guide for WC Editor.

Of course I play it, arcsaber. But true to form, you’ll make up what ever helps keep your ship afloat.

Perhaps you could show us that you play the game and specify what Malistroth’s guide can fix?

Ah. I see. I’ll change the wording above.

It can help you fix anything what people want to fix in this thread.

Ah! Nice. Thanks!

With all due respect this doesn’t mean fixing the campaign.

How so?
You can make any changes you want and implement them into the campaigns.

To fix the campaigns means that the story is not how it used to be in the original and as such is ruined. When one says one wants to fix the campaign it usually means that one is fixing the campaign to resemble as much as possible the original storyline.
However, the storyline in the Reforge campaign IS the same as it was in the original. I repeat, the story is the same and it doesn’t need fixing.

What are you talking about is customisation of units to somewhat alter the gameplay. This does not mean fixing the campaign. As Leviathan said above - it sounds more like modding than fixing.

I have played the original and the Reforge campaigns and the Reforge campaigns do not bother me. The story has stayed the same and the added models complements the story better.

Now, you can argue, and rightly so, that the customisation of the units and maps has altered the gameplay and the enjoyment of the story to some degree but it has never altered the storyline.

I hope you now understand where I’m coming from? If you have said in the title something along the lines of: “Fixing the Units and Gameplay of the Campaign” it would have been different.

@Malistroth - what you have here is actually very useful, but as Anoobis stated, you didnt actually “FIX” the campaigns

there are people working on recreating the reforged campaign, maybe your Guide can help them create a full mod… right now we have custom maps which people want to turn into custom campaigns, but Blizzard removed the custom campaign feature (hopefully they bring it back soon)

what you have done is opened a door to allow new types of custom campaigns, and that is BIG NEWS… but you have to make sure you explain what exactly your guide is for, you cant say you automatically fixed the campaign, but you can tell people that you found a new method for creating “custom campaigns” which is a great tool for modders that want to remake the campaign!

1 Like