Game won't open on correct monitor

I have a gaming monitor as my ‘primary display’ in Windows, 1440p 165Hz etc etc. Plus a 5 year old 1080p 60Hz screen as a secondary so I can keep some stuff up on a second screen while I play.

No other game has a problem with this. Either they let me choose a display, or they behave as expected and use the one set in windows as the ‘primary’. No problem.

But this game refuses to open on the primary display and every single time I launch it, opens full screen on the second monitor. I can’t see any setting to change this behavior.

My only workaround is to physically disconnect the second monitor, so only 1 is detected in Windows, launch the game to force it use the only one it can, and then I can reconnect the second screen, but it’s damn annoying, and it’s on a DVI cable so not ideal to be constantly unplugging and replugging it

Less of an issue, but still kinda annoying, the ingame option ‘confine mouse cursor’ does nothing, whether set to on, off or auto, the mouse cursor is locked to the game window. I think the game is horribly confused by my monitor configuration, possibly because they are on different GPUs, my primary display is plugged into a dedicated GPU (a 1070) while the secondary is plugged into the onboard intelHD adapter (I barely manage to scrape the required 165fps to run my 165Hz monitor in overwatch this way, running the second monitor also off the 1070 drops my fps by a small but significant amount)

2 Likes

In my settings there’s a drop down that lists the monitor driver. If you have it too, change that and when you back out it will prompt you to save the changes.

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

3 Likes