Game won't launch

Hello,

After the new patch on Wednesday, the Warcraft III game would no longer launch on my computer. I would see the lion gate door, and then I would get a crash popup. I did not have this problem on Patch 1.32 – only after the upgrade to Patch 1.33.

I tried nuking the contents of C:\Program Files\Warcraft III and then allowing the Battle.net Launcher to download the entire game all over again for a clean install, but the issue persisted.

Then, I messaged with some users on the Hive Workshop and we determined that the crash is coming from campaign progress. Apparently, the problem is that until I remove the files located in Documents/Warcraft III/BattleNet the game will not launch.

So, my issue has been resolved essentially but I cannot imagine that I will be the only user to face this issue. So, I am reporting here for other users that if you get stuck where you see the lion gate doors, then immediately a crash… Then you may be able to fix your issue by removing the folder mentioned above. Of course, if you do, it will reset your campaign progress – but you will be able to play the game again.

Thanks all

2 Likes

Hi, I’m seeing the same issue, but removing the Documents/Warcraft III/BattleNet folder alone did not work for me, I also removed C:\Program Files(x86)\Warcraft III and after redownload was able to get in.

1 Like

How would it translate with Mac users?

2 Likes

Confirming the issue. Latest update broke the game. Can’t start it any more. Removed Warcraft III folder. Reinstalled the game. Disabled local modifications. Tried Windowed and -graphicsapi OpenGL. Nothing affects on issue. The game is crashin… Just crashing and got Blizzard error reporter window with error ID and offer to start the game once more.

Game paid. Worked before, badly but worked. Now doesn’t work in common. Not fair. Return my money or revert the game state please.

Update installed 20 Aug. Approximately 5-6 GB of update was downloaded. No update in changelog information in Blizzard Laucher. You actually just doesn’t know what exactly was changed and what exactly was in that update. May be the game stopped to work after previous updates - I don’t know.

Dear Blizzard. Game worked badly, but it did worked. Now it doesn’t work in common. What is going on?

PLEASE MAKE PRE RELEASE BETA BEFORE RELEASING/INTEGRATING UPDATES INTO PRODUCTION. STOP RELEASING IT BEFORE USERS WILL MAKE TESTING OF PRE RELEASE AFTER PTR!!!
ALLOW TO TEH PEOPLE TO TEST THE GAME BEFORE INTEGRATION, AND THEN BY THEIRS DESITION THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE TO SWITCH TO UPDATE AND TO REVERT BACK PREVIOUS VERSION TO BE ABLE TO PLAY JUST IN COMPAIGN MODE IF YOU CHANGED SOMETHING IN NETWORK MODE, OR ALLOW THEM TO PLAY ON OLD VERSION OF API. YOU GUYS WORKING IN WORLD’S BEST GAME COMPANIES BAND AND SADLY NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THESE THINGS!
LET PEOPLES TO HAVE TEHIRS TIME ON OLD VERSIONS OF GAMES WIHOUT FORCING THEM INTO BUGTESTING! THAT"S NOT FAIR!

You’ve taking away my time by making me reinstallations and other administrative things. I bought the game not for testing, but for playing.

No regards (((

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.