Game won't even load

I’ve been through the different threads looking for a fix that works but nothing seems to. I click play, it says launching, then changes back to play. I have tried the various fixes listed.

• Disable all startup programs
  • Update graphics drivers
  • Added exclusions for the game & battle.net to Total AV (anti-virus)
  • Completely removed Total AV

I have googled also and can’t find a fix. I have a decent gaming pc that runs anything but it won’t even launch Warcraft…

PC specs:
Windows 10
Bios P2.20
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12 core processor (24 cpus) 3.8ghz
36 gig ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 TI
Version 30.0.15.1295 updates 19/5/2022
Current display mode 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Model WDDM 2.7

Any help would be appreciated! I’ve never not been able to run a game before…

Cheers

What DIMM config do you have to get 36 GB of memory? This is not usual.

Is Warcraft III generating any error logs in the documents folder? What if you try to launch WC3 outside the launcher?

Memory: 32768MB RAM
Page file: 8112MB, 29447MB available (not sure what this is)
DirectX 12

I can’t even see a documents folder. In data there is a heap of IDX files and compressed files. I’ve also used the scan and repair feature and it says the files are fine.

Yes I’ve tried launching through the .exe file as administrator and still nothing happens.

I really have no idea

I have the exact same problem. I really hope someone from Blizzard help us. On a side note SC:BW has the same issue for me too

Tried running the executables directly? For example…

C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\_retail_\x86_64\Warcraft III.exe

It is possible that a dependency might be missing but the launcher application is swallowing the error message? Otherwise try usual of updating all graphic drivers (both discrete and integrated if available).

Howdy Mast3r,

I looked over the situation and noticed that you don’t have any WC3 keys added to the account. That may be causing a problem when trying to launch the game. If you have the old CD keys, make sure to add them to your account here. If you do have the keys attached already then you may be logged into the wrong account here on the forums and/or the Blizzard app as well. Make sure you are logging into the same account that has the CD keys.

Howdy Alphabunny,

Your issue is likely due to a different cause. It’s confusing to troubleshoot two different issues in the same thread though, so please create a new thread with a list of steps you have tried and your MSinfo.

Hey thanks for the reply <3. I changed my firewall settings and both SC and W3 works now. I hope you guys keep doing updates for Main menu lag too. Good luck on future updates ! We believe in you guys.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.