Game update required please run installer again

how play in game helpppppppppppppp

9 Likes

hello i need help as well can’t login to battlenet to install classic versions ‘update required’ , the link on the Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment does not work

3 Likes

I am getting the same error and can’t get the game.

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

Same here, I downloaded W3 through the launcher, erased all previous files, but still I’m required to get an update. Run as admin does not work neither.

Appreciate help

2 Likes

i can run it just fine.

1 Like

Do I need to install W3 reinforged in order to run W3 classic?

1 Like

running into the same issue. infuriating.

like just bought this game and the pre-order software doesn’t work. truly sucks.

1 Like

same here it sucks super bad

1 Like

SAME HERE… its dragging me crazy. I tried to download this client and do things correctly. From original link and its not working. 0/10 would buy again

2 Likes

same annoying message - Game update required… and reinstall and so just does not help, the game just stop working after some time, so boring

1 Like

Blizzard recently slipped in the first signs of an upcoming W3R Beta, Likely these recent issues have to do with that. Give it a day and Blizzard will have it fixed, or atleast announce whats wrong.

1 Like

Same issue here…
Been looking to play this all week…

1 Like

SAME BROTHERS :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Same thing for me, and I had the game installed for the past 3 months running just fine.
I think they’re going to launch the beta today.

1 Like

Same to me, but just if i login with the account. But if i use the RoC CD key it works fine.

1 Like

then that is likely why it works for me. i use cd-keys.

1 Like

Game is not working for people that bought reforged. Hope they fix it soon enough.

1 Like

Same problem. Hoping for a solution soon :frowning:

2 Likes

Experiencing this too, and i just preordered reforged

1 Like

Try installing the PTR client and running it. You’ll be prompted to login to Bnet to verify you have Reforged and it will succeed. Exit out of the PTR client and run the Warcraft III client and it should work.

7 Likes