Game speed constantly resets to slow

This was my common issue in warcraft 3 classic, which I installed and played a bit in december and it repeats in WC3: reforged. But in reforged I can’t change gameplay speed.

Can someone tell how to fix this issue? I prefer to play on “fast”, or at least, on medium.

To be precise: if I play Campaign in Reforged and if my APM spikes (I’m no pro but I’m accustomed to giving orders at least on decent speed and sometimes even doing micro) game sometimes sets it’s speed to slow which is really boring.

Is there way to fix gameplay speed to “fast”?

6 Likes

I seem to have the same issue.

1 Like

Same here, I play on fast speed, but at some point the game switches to slow speed. It’s random but very frequent (in most missions).
I have to go to the options and modify a setting (any setting) for it to come back to fast speed. Really annoying.

1 Like

Same problem here. Changing any settings in menu do the trick but on some missions I have to do it every two minutes…
Has anyone found a fix for this ?

2 Likes

Same issue here… To avoid going to the menu and change the game speed “manually”, the plus or minus buttons on your keyboard can also do the trick.

Hope this is going to be patched soon !

1 Like

Ok so I had an enlightenment when I realized the matter occurs when I use the “6” and “8” keys of my azerty keyboard. These two shortcuts are acting like the minus button and are slowing the game.
This is why my game was slower during heavy battles and APM spikes.

Now I use others shortcuts for micro managing units and It works fine.

I’m not sure if it’s related to keys 6 and 8, but + and - really help.

BTW, game is not that bad as metacritic says. I hope they’ll polish it in month or two, so all issues will be solved (except issue with custom maps. After release of SC2 Blizzard put that point in their EULA so that no one will try to f them in same way icefrog did)

1 Like

I had this kind of issue in 2003… and it was also related to + / - shortcuts, use + to set the speed back to fast, if it still works.

I dont think many people use Azerty keyboards, thats why very few people have this problem… with Qwerty or Qwertz the + - are not overlapping any # keys

Have you looked into custom hotkeys?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/69p3nv/improved_custom_hotkeys_setup_by_wtvr/

most people swap the Numpad keys but you can probably disable + -