FPS drops after latest patch

This is a tech support forum where people report their technical issues with the game they paid money for.
Your concerns could be so much simpler if you didn’t have 2k+ posts about Warcraft 3, but it looks like you like to answer to EVERY SINGLE POST anyone makes about this game.
I hope someday you let people just post in these forums and let whatever development team is left for this game look at these issues without the white noise you generate.

If you want actual tech support, you file a ticket on the support website. While reps do (occasionally) post here, it isn’t the primary means of support, and users can and are encouraged to discuss issues and try to help each other. Also, since you apparently only posted here to berate me, it is clear to me you hold yourself to a different standard of behavior than you do me, because you aren’t reporting a technical issue with the game you paid money for.

I’m very sorry my post count offends you, but unfortunately, those posts have already been made and there’s nothing I can do about that. That isn’t a valid reason to flame another user, however, and any such comoments will be flagged as inappropriate. Also, thanks to this “white noise,” I’m able to post URLs and images whereas most accounts can not, which makes me uniquely able to help with and discuss certain things. :slight_smile:

Hello,

I have been suffering fromt he same issue since the latest patch. My FPS in a tower defense game dropped to below 1FPS rendering the game unplayable and lagging everyone in the same game.

These are my specs:
AMD EPYC 7543P 32-Core 8 CPUs ~2.8GHz
RAM: 32GB
GPU: GTXA4050

I am not here to complain, but looking for a solution so I can play the game again.

notice: Apparently the CPU usage is at best around 13% even when the fps dropped to estimated 0.1FPS

Thanks for documenting this. I have exactly the same issue. Frame Rates have been an issue since patch 1.36 and I have been suffering from lagg midgame ever since, but now the game has become unplayable like in the screencapture you provided here.

Latest patch makes the game stutter, had no issue before. R9 5900X, 7900 XT, 32GB RAM, Win 11. The game is still reporting 60 fps, but it feels more like 30-40, terrible to play.

1 Like

This is a server CPU and War3 will not take advantage of those cores, and the clock speed is kind of low to get everything to be smooth, as it’s near the minimum requirements. I had similar experiences with a Ryzen CPU of the same generation and now that I’m on a current gen CPU it’s a lot less of an issue.

Granted, you shouldn’t have to go miles beyond the requirements for a smooth experience, but that EPYC is not the best thing for this game (or for gaming in general, honestly- the EPYC line, as I said, is designed for servers, not gaming PCs)

Even before the patches, this CPU was going to struggle with TDs and other intense custom games.

1 Like

It seems like Warcraft3 is utilizing only one CPU core since the latest update and my Warcraft3 is indeed running faster on an old notebook CPU with only 4 Cores and slightly higher clock speed.
Needless to say that the game is still unplayable if you have 1.2 fps instead of 0.5

So one could try to slightly tweak the CPU bottleneck here by overclocking.

This is just devastating, the whole custom map community has this issue and everyone is looking at a powerpoint presentation when more units are spawning on the map. No idea what the aim of this patch was in the first place.

Request to return version 1.35

1 Like

They will never revert versions, your request is useless. 1.35 isn’t even before people started having issues anyway.

Nothing has been changed about the game’s CPU utilization since Reforged came out.

the “aim” of t his patch and every other was to implement the changes listed in those patch notes. No one was “aiming” to lower your FPS, if it happened it was simply an incidental side effect from the changes they’ve made in this and the last few patches to add or address other things. It is extremely common in software devleopment for adding or fixing one feature to break another one.

seems our CPUs are in the same geekbench single core range, mine is about 5% faster on a laptop.

I am no longer experience the 1fps drops! :partying_face:

Others in the game are still often lagging during intense moments, perhaps the it’s not distributed for everyone yet.

Still struggling with this issue on every Laptop and Computer I own. Did you change anything?

at least you can start the damn thing. mine won’t even start, PTR or normal version.

Ok, I found a workaround that improved things to a level that I have up tp 12 fps in custom maps. I installed laptop graphics drivers for nvidia.
But honestly, I am still clueless, why it is that I couldplay this game on high fps without any issues 3 years ago on the same laptop with an Intel i7 and no dedicated GPU while it is now close to unplayable.

The answer is because some code change made in a patch degraded performance. It’s that simple. This game really doesn’t leverage your GPU much, it’s very CPU heavy and making code changes that use significantly more CPU cycles or otherwise decrease efficiency will lead to slower performance.

If you can ignore CaptainJack,
this is an issue with version 1.36. In version 1.35, you will have a very high fps

1 Like

You keep repeating the same stuff we already know and have known for like a year at this point. Stating the obvious and offending others doesn’t help your cause.

You won’t have a very high fps in 1.35, because you can’t play 1.35 anymore. Though if you have a time machine please do let me know that would be fun to try out. We all already know that fps was better back then and is crap now, but constantly saying that isn’t going to magically get it fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.