For those in the UK

Wait… i am allowed to have an opinion and the right to critize a game only if i bought it and went throu suffering by regretting it? WOAH NICE ONE

Read this …

Most of the times yes. Like very yes.

Clearly people do though because they haven’t got refunds give me a good justification why they aren’t allowed refunds.

Listen, I understand your point , wanting a refund for a game, a toy, etc you don’t like, but if you are not getting one from them, no links or “laws” will get you one.

Your best way is to do a charge back with your credit card company in which case, if they give you one, Blizzard will suspend your bnet account.

Would you now thank me too for giving you REAL info and not just some cheap propaganda?!

No… literally no. I see trash graphic in a game i say “Trash graphics! Not worth my monies!” i see Blizzard saying one thing and the reviews telling the complete opposite i have all the right in the world to say “thats false advertisement” since stating facts doesnt require you to buy a product etc. etc. etc.

The funny thing is you sound exactly like what you were just mocking. I know everything don’t listen to them. Is it not good for people to have multiple options to try if one doesn’t work? I mean are you a lawyer?

No, but ARE YOU? Or the OP? Or…whoever wrote in here acting like one?

…exactly!

I gave you THE best option you have if Blizzard is saying that you get no refund from them. Anything else is cheap propaganda like the OP is trying to make here…

You gave the best option in your opinion this is my point. Don’t be a hypocrite i personally believe the more options the better. You believe that’s the only way to do things. None of us are lawyers so this has been entirely pointless. Also explain how this is propaganda this is just information he’s not trying to change your opinion he’s just trying to give info or at least is in the op post. I honestly wonder if you even know what propaganda is or just like using buzz words.

I appreciate that you’re trying to qwell people’s expectations because you believe it’s not possible. It is quite clear that you’re American though, and that’s absolutely fine because you’re on the American forums, so we’re the outsiders here.

Unfortunately you are arguing about laws from another country which you have no knowledge about. Under the EU Consumers Rights Act we could request a refund simply because it’s within a timeframe that we purchased it and it’s not what we expected, and certainly due to false advertising of any kind, even if its minor.

And no, you do not need to be a lawyer to confirm this, because other countries don’t need lawyers to defend cases or argue them either, this is public knowledge and a basic read of our laws covers them; we would not need a lawyer to defend our rights either as we have services that do that for us automatically either.

Again I appreciate that you’re trying to educate people, but if you are unfamiliar with the situation and another countries laws, you really need to check up your information yourself before saying what people can and can’t do online.

2 Likes

I am actually an EU citizen and I know a thing or 2 about our laws.

Blizzard updates their Terms which ( I think ) are in line with EU laws and that’s the reason why I said if Blizzard says you are not eligible for a refund, then you’ll mostly not get one with … “links” and such.

A chargeback is …for the most part, the only way to get your money back.

I apologise for wrongly assuming you were not a EU citizen, and were American.

However, a terms of service or service update cannot supersede regulatory laws, they can only update their general policies that applies first front, before they comply with country specific laws.

So their own policy may apply to countries that don’t have any or as strong consumer or trade acts, like America, so they won’t give out a refund, but to countries they operate and sell to they still have to comply to what their terms are.

So any company that primarily operates in America will generally say you are not eligible for a refund for most things first of all, because they are communicating with their primary audience and their own policies, but if argued against they would have to submit to whatever country they are selling within. Oppositely, if they instead stated in their policy that people were eligible for refunds, then that would apply to all countries they are dealing with, even countries that do not have any protection for their consumers in that situation, or they would have to explain to each attempted refund case that each person is not eligible if they were within whatever country that isn’t.

E.g. Amazon’s policy allows for refunds and allows countries that do not have any government protecting policies to also be eligible for these, despite the company being within their rights to deny them.

E.g. Razer, a large peripheral company that operates primarily in the USA states that they have a no returns policy in their terms of service past certain times and restrictions. They still operate in the EU however, so our own regulations supersede theirs, thus past 15 days you would be ineligible for a opened product in another country, but in the EU we bypass their terms of service allowing full returns that cannot be denied.

Just two examples but you could look at any company that has a policy written for its American audience and see how it wouldn’t apply in other countries it operates in, because their own terms can’t overwrite a countries’ government if they sell within that country; you are bound to the trade rules of that country if you want their business.

1 Like

Thank you very much again. I got my refund using this template :slight_smile:

KABAL is a Blizzard shill who’s taken a dislike to anyone who dislikes Reforged. He feels cool being a contrarian, he doesn’t take the effort to read, nor to actually discuss fairly.

Since the game has been released he’s been all over the forums strawmanning, misrepresenting arguments and belittling any qualms people have shown towards Reforged with a condescending rage.

Don’t bother.