For those in the UK

https:// eu. battle .net/support/en/help/contact/1629/ticket

https:// www. citizensadvice .org.uk/about-us/how-citizens-advice-works/citizens-advice-consumer-work/the-consumer-rights-act-2015/

https:// www. which .co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act#digital-content

https:// www. gov .uk/government/news/new-rights-for-consumers-when-buying-digital-content

I would like to request a refund for this purchase.

Under the United Kingdom Consumer Rights Act (2015) goods must be:

-Satisfactory quality

-Fit for purpose

-As described

The game, as currently released, is significantly different to what was previously advertised (at Blizzcon, trailers, etc) in terms of number of maps re-made, no re-making of the cinematics of the game, limited re-working of models, etc. In fact, Iā€™m struggling to see what exactly has been ā€˜re-masteredā€™, it seems I have paid Ā£35 for a game I already own (Warcraft III).

Likewise, I have been experiencing technical issues with the software, such as unresponsive animations and connectivity issues. Therefore, the software is neither of satisfactory quality, or fit for purpose.

7 Likes

Yes, best way to request a refund is via ā€¦ forums!

/facepalm

No, itā€™s links and a template to help others. Iā€™ve already requested my refund.

You donā€™t need ā€œlinksā€ and such to request a refund. If you are eligible to receive one, you will get one. If not, under Blizzard rules, you will not get one. Simple as that.

No, itā€™s not ā€˜as simple as thatā€™. You think ā€˜Blizzard rulesā€™ overright domestic law? Lol.

7 Likes

Blizzard rules != Laws ā€¦ simple at that

3 Likes

When you purchase something , you agree to their terms which Iā€™m sure they are respecting the laws. Is not like they add rules which violates ā€¦domestic laws.

So yes, is simple as that!

You canā€™t sign away your legal rights in an EULA agreement FYI. Domestic law always takes precident and the law in this case is quite clear: the goods should be fit for purpose and ā€˜as describedā€™.

8 Likes

You clearly have no clue what you are talking aboutā€¦ even TOS and CoC kan have invalid clauses that wont stand in a court. You can write as much bs as you want in your Agreements but its not automatically in line with Law LUL

Just put ā€œyou are not eligable for refund after purchasingā€ and all your problems are solved right? What do we need laws in that regard for then? dat logicā€¦

6 Likes

You are right, so ā€¦ what law is which they break ?

Yup, thatā€™s also right. So again, what laws did they break ?

Listen, if you donā€™t get a refund from Blizzard , means mostly you will not get one even with your domestic laws, but IF you want to get your money back, make a chargeback within your credit card company, paypal, etc and you will get it ( most of the time ). In this case, you will also lose your bnet account, which is fine right? As you are here to ā€¦unleash your anger to Blizzard and you donā€™t want to have anything to do with them, right?

The Consumer Rights Act (2015).

3 Likes

ā€¦right! Thatā€™s from YOUR point of view. Are you a lawyer by any chance ?

False advertisement?
Refusing refunds for said falsely advertised product?
You must be acting stupid or trollingā€¦ or someone who is living in a bubble far away from reality lol

4 Likes

Right , no, they didnā€™t false advertising. You compare the 2018 demo with ā€œadvertisingā€ ?!

Read aboveā€¦

Common sense is a luxury in this forums!

But, have you bought W3 Reforged or ā€¦ are you a white knight for those who did?

They still advertise the game on the website with those 2018 demosā€¦ advertising while not advertising! Woah dat logic is beyond comprehention!

Oh and btw ā€œstealing a product you bought 17 years agoā€ is against the law for sure. I meanā€¦ are you able to play original WC3 online and use all of its features like you used to a week ago? Noā€¦ oh i see more problems coming towards Blizzard in that regard aswell.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot, used that as a template to request my refund.

So ā€¦ legally speaking, do you still think that they falsely advertising? No, right? Uncommon? Maybe, but thatā€™s a different topic.

But, have you bought the game? As you didnā€™t answer to that question and I wonderā€¦if you did it ā€¦

you have to be trolling nowā€¦ no one can be that stupid if serious.
And noā€¦ i have learned my lesson years ago and didnt preorder. On the day it releases i thought of buying it but then i had doubts and decided to waitā€¦ best decision in a long time i made. And you dont need to buy the game to see for yourself how trash it is and how none of the things they promised were made true. You dont even need it to see that they downgreaded your original WC3 big timeā€¦ you dont need to buy it to know that there are no ā€œ4hours of cinematic and cutscenesā€ in the game, in fact there is only one so far LOL oh and its not 4h long. Its literally 30/40ā‚¬ for a reskin, that even doesnt match the environment

Maybe you should leave your bubble first then we can have a serious conversation.

1 Like

So you donā€™t own the game.

Got it! No more ā€¦questions!

What i donā€™t get is why you have such a massive problem with people giving other people a local format to try and get as refund. Unless you are just trolling which seems highly likely,

1 Like