For all of you aspiring map makers

Keyboard warrior ?! When I need to criticize them, I do with no regreat. I punished Blizzard for almost 1 year without buying anything from them because of the 2018 Blizzcon fiasco and their shitty BfA x-pac of WoW.

But that doesn’t mean I don’t give credits where they deserve it.

Yes, W3 Reforged might not be for you nor others, but doesn’t mean is a shit game.

And the fact that I don’t jump on the hate train makes me a “fanboy” in your eyes, I can finally tell you that you jump “boats” as they come or like a sheep, so to speak. Same with the Hearthstone and HK …thing.

Me too, man. I don’t get blinded people like you. That idea of “you play it or not” is pretty much ending on almost no one playing it.

Baby, I am from the South America community and pretty much all of them are not paying for Reforged for so many reasons and I can tell it’s pretty much the same in the rest of the world.

How do you exactly know they will give them credits? You don’t know. You want to speak with facts or assumptions?

Oh please, dude… Don’t compare Blizzard from 2003 to what it is now… Dota was born in times when Blizzard was a good company and used to understand the freedom for creativity.

4 Likes

I want to speak with facts. Did original DOTA dev’s got credits from Blizzard? Yes!

Do you know ANY other person/dev who created something with Blizzard property/softwares/etc and did NOT got credits from Blizzard? I don’t.

So yes, I speak about FACTS not conspiracy theories.

Oh yeah… “I punish Blizz for 1 year for any whatever reason and now just in the exact moment of disaster called Reforged, I ended up criticizing the rest with bad reasons.” That’s you.

The problem, my dude, it’s that is not fun for me… it’s that pretty much almost everybody.

I can mention all the failure for this game since its announcement in 2018.

That’s …enough for me today! :slight_smile:

Speaking for (almost) everybody , means you know sht …

No, they didn’t. In case you didn’t know… Blizz wanted to take this game by force and they went into a lawsuit that they lost.

Also, DOTA was possible in that time because Blizz didn’t have the policies they have now with its game.

Yeah, speaking for almost everybody. Read the forums, read Reddit, read on some social media. Damn, I even follow a youtuber who loves WarCraft and it is pretty much saying Reforged is disappointing and unworthy.

Have you watched the streamers yesterday? They have basically said that they are disappointed with the game.

Yes, dude, I know “sht”

You know NOTHING.

2 Likes

Blockquote
The intellectual property of your maps belongs to Blizzard, not you, and they are not required to compensate you in any way if they use it

This was a thing ever since the World Editor was first released, did not change at all.

As for the following two they sound more like legal insurance on Blizzard’s part to me, unless the maps actually start disappearing I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Let our response be: J. Allen Brack ruined both WoW and WC3

Wait, how Blizzard can ban something, if people will just host the maps between themselves? Are they going to scan every piece of content before hosting it on the servers? Doubtly

1 Like

Bollox.

Dota would have sold 100’s of thousands more warcraft 3 copies back in the day. And Blizzard ALWAYS had the option of hiring the guy and making it into a full blown product. Valve with Team Fortress, CS, Day of Defeat etc.

2 Likes

So we agree, Blizzard had the opportunity ;D

Yikes, that’s actually not Legal.

The Maps do not belong to them. Nothing to do about it though.

1 Like

This is a disgraceful demonstration of corporate greed.

7 Likes

the new policies are totally agaisnt any modders rights and its a stealing condition, I dont understand how they could get it to work, I thought I would give it a try but this game is truly a scam, and irrespectious one.

Graphics can suck poop, mod freedom, privacy, and right to own your creation is more important.

I hope they ll get to court or something with this product, truly.

3 Likes

they didnt miss the time, they miss the game development. I mean, if hots being named dota - it’ll still suck. Icefrog is a genius of gamedesign, while lol have superior advertisement. Blizz have no chance with their current management and gamedesigners. HS is their roof.

1 Like

that genius is stealing from LoL and HotS since 2016, nice bait try again, everyone knows that dota is garbage because of 2 reasons: one of the worst community and super bad balancing choices most of the time. I stopped playing dota 2 since 2014 because it was already ruined by that time.

Damn, that’s some pretty blind fanboyism if ever I saw it.

Yeah, you see its as a fair ruling because you haven’t ever created something in your entire freaking life buddy, its simple as that. If you haven’t done so, then you wouldn’t understand.

Let me put it in a different way, perhaps one that you understand. Im part time a musician, I transcribe my music on GuitarPro, basically lay in it all the guitars, bass, and drum parts. If Ultimate Guitar ruled by Blizzard’s logic, then they would own the right over ALL the music that’s written with their software, because its THEIR TOOL.

2 Likes

git gud m9