Feedback from FFA Masters League

Dear Blizzard Classic Team,

Thanks for reviving Warcraft 3 and paving the way for another 15 years with this master piece. I will try to provide some feedback from the perspective of the FFA Masters League (ffamasters. com), a community almost as old as the game itself. I assume my feedback will have a lot in common with the one of other stakeholders who majorly focus on the multiplayer aspects of Warcraft 3.

Our Feedback

• No game mode sees as many 100 supply armies as FFA. Therefore, the battlefield can become quite crowded at times. In order to still recognize units and their player colors easily, it can be very important to maintain a certain level of “model plainness” in the zoomed out view (or have a setting for that).

• We implemented our own ladder bots for various reasons. After potentially shutting them down with patch 1.30.2, you could easily win the hearts of all FML players by maintaining the ladder again (ban pre-teamers, update online match history) and finding a way to implement additional game modes (i.e. random hero, 6-way, 8-way). Maybe this can be handled similarly to the map vetoes in the current Battlenet, so players can queue for all these modes at once.

• If the future Battlenet provides a feature to observe ladder matches (like on Netease), please note that a five minute delay might not be sufficient when it comes to FFA, but more like 15 minutes.

• Our games can last multiple hours and often involve players from multiple continents. A good host bot infrastructure was always key for us and we hope that the future Battlenet solution will accommodate our needs in that regard. One feature that would help us a lot is the possibility to reconnect to games after a player disconnected.

• Observing games is a big deal in FFA and it would surely help to get some kind of observer board (as currently implemented into some map files), to see all players resources at one glance.

• Admins and hosts of FFA communities have to take care of many players in the game lobby. It would make our lifes a lot easier to have some features in these lobbies (e.g. “Ready up”-button, Changing map or server in the lobby, checking ping for all players)

Thank you and regards,

HighTac
Admin of FFA Masters League

4 Likes

I completely agree with HighTac.

Classic Games team, you have to keep in mind that Warcraft 3 is a game with many different beloved game types. Campaign, 1v1 melee, custom games, 2v2 melee, FFA melee and 4v4 melee.
Please try to improve every one of these beloved game types.

The single biggest issue with FFA ladder is matchmaking. Wait times were enormous - waiting 6 hours or more for a game, especially if you had a good win/loss ratio was impossible.

An open matchmaking, where players of any calibre can all match each other, is crucial for the success of a FFA ladder.

And an open lobby, where you can see how many players are currently queued for a game, and can judge your wait time - that would go a long way in making FFA a playable gametype again on Battlenet

Without these two changes, FFA ladder matchmaking will continue to be unplayable, and we will have to resort to bots, etc

1 Like

Agree with HighTac !!!

PLS guys Make FFA Great Aggain <3

1 Like

FFA FTW !!! ena1337 legit ffa masters league finalist

ena1337 like ffa

improve ffa

GOOD !!

1 Like

Hello world,

FFA is probably a good entertainement with 8 players ? When the rank of each players is showed at start? I really want it .

Ok may be 8 players is a lot… but fun.

Thx.

I played FFA pretty much exclusively back in the day. Quit when the maphacks got absurd (since all I was good at was extensive scouting…) Looking forward to the new world.