Which new models don’t you like and why?

I don’t like the new Infernal its head looks goofy and its proportions look stupid. The old one looked a lot more robust.

The new Doomguard looks a lot more like a generic demon with its humanoid face. The old one has a more bestial visage that matches the guttural growling noise it makes. The new one is also missing chest, shoulder armour, and the Doomguard’s Iconic flaming sword.

9 Likes

I could go for more monstrous tauren rather than the more bovine look.

5 Likes

Hippogryph.

Serious what the fu

6 Likes

Archers with the bad posture, tauren dont look as BA, tauren chieftain looks weird af, not really a fan of any air units tbh, I could go on, but im wasting my time.

2 Likes

I would change paladin’s haircut.

9 Likes

Humans: Paladin (face, haircut) Knight (no helmet?, still this big lances) Archmage (horse looks too corny)

Orcs: Tauren (could look more brutish, wild) Wolves (tail too long and upper body is still a bit too high)

Undead: Lich (outfit, floating books) Skeleton Mage (face)

Nightelves: hippogryph (colour, horse part to hard visible) archer (idle), bear (paws too small)

Demons: Doom Guard (face and too big wings) (Pitlords face)

Naga: Naga Warriors (face?!)

About the infernal:

I personally kinda like them cause they really look now like they were one piece of Meteorit thrown through the atmosphere. They look a bit more splitted in parts but on the other hand more brutish/bulkier which i really like cause it let look them scarier and less human. The face is okay for me personally stuff above kinda triggers me more.

3 Likes

I’ll repost what I wrote on a similar thread:

Also

Honestly I hadn’t noticed this until I played the beta myself.

Its body looks so stunted and…fat? With tiny wings and a very ugly thick tail, instead of one that separates into three feathery strands like it is depicted everywhere else, even World of Warcraft.

Such a weird choice for the art style, I have no idea of what steered them into that direction.

2 Likes

I can’t say much more:

https://imgur.com/bpgJFon

https://imgur.com/a/3xAVDRg

Speaking of the Pitlords face. What have they done to his teeth?

Also why does his weapon look so much worse?

That’s pretty neat, are they the SC2 models blizzards released a few years ago?

For me it’s the Elementals.

They look more like Flubber (look up the movie) than Water or anything else.

Hippogryph looks nothing like a Warcraft Hippogryph…
Archer posture…
Tyrande and Malfurion should both have Blue hair…
Huntress panther needs to look more agile and sleek not just a copy paste of the tigers in black…
Paladin buzz cut needs to be changed…
Many more minor changes but these are just some examples.

3 Likes

all the model need to change !
They’re super hard to distinguish.

1 Like

A few of the same already mentioned (and some others):

Archer idle pose is problematic;
Paladin buzzcut stupid and needs to be changed;
Dryad looks like she’s ready to shoot a Maybelline ad and is wielding a steel-tipped spear (give her back a wooden spear!) and wears steel armor pieces;
Shadow Wolves: from what I’ve seen of them recently they do look a bit too big
Skeletons/Ghouls: They look too similar imo, way too easy to confuse in a big battle
Necromancer: Made the robe brighter red so they stand out more
Pit Lord: Agree that the changes with the teeth is bizarre. Those big teeth were definitely a hallmark of the pit lord.
Doom Guard: Should definitely get something to its weapon, at least a glow effect if not necessarily a burning one. Other changes I can live with.
Mud Golem: For some reason I find that the Mud Golems look weird and just aren’t that easy to identify as such.
Water Elemental: Does look a bit weird, not quite as watery as before, but I can probably live with that particular change.

Infernal: IMO he’s fine. He’s a good combination of big/imposing without being so big that it could compromise one’s ability to see and select units that are behind it.

1 Like

Doomguard: add back the model from an earlier build that was removed with more armor and use it as the default model because it looks more like the original or add armor to this one they left.
Lady Vashj: make her face and head look like her icon does its way better.
Water elementals: need to look like water not rubber.
Bandit lord: looks too much like a barbarian from diablo.
Dreadlords: need more armor.
Hypogriph: looks like a parrot, change the collors.
Void walkers: make them a little less biffy.

H: Paladins Haircut (First time I saw him, I thought this was Tekken)
O: Peon Face
NE: Hippo colors, should be dark instead of parrot
UD: Shade Mouth should be more WC3 classic instead Protoss

1 Like

Personally I love all the models except for the archer lookin bit weird.

Orcs- please remove fat Kodo rider (Shrek)

Humans - I don’t mind the buzzcut idea, but it looks like the daily bugal, not military. The only other thing I want is high elf variations for the elf units. (white and blues vs dark reds and blacks)

Orcs - Shadow Hunter weapon is a bit strange. I don’t mind the cowl itself on the Seer, but it might need to be redone. Tauren are in a weird position where I want them to look feirce, which would use more realistic features, but I also want character as well, which would imply more cartoonistic features. I’m not sure how you’d balance that.
(I like fat kodo rider, it adds character and I don’t know why people are so annoyed by him)

Undead - I feel like I like them more than most, but there are a few that look wierd. Bare chested dreadlord: I don’t mind variety, but out of all the dreadlord models, Mal’ganis is the only one who wanted to dress modestly. I really don’t like the shade. He looks like a protoss, not the haunting mist skellie I remember. I don’t mind changes where appropriate, but I really like the old shade model. Also on the undead I would prefer more subtly with their structures, but they were the most cartoony of the races to be fair.

Night Elves - Said before, but the hippogryph colorings. I don’t hate the model itself, but the colors do not match. Even WoW got that right. I don’t mind the archer stance, but I agree that the animation should be tweaked a bit. Other than that, I think I love the night elves the most.

Naga - A bit more work in the face and tails, but nothing I hate.

Demons - The effects, but I suspect they’re working on it so I won’t complain just yet.

Neutral - Golems. I hate the stone and granite golems, they look like they belong in LoL. With the more detailed and subtle approach of the main factions, the golems look like they went the opposite direction. If I’d choose one feature, please just scale down the crystals. Other than that the elementals need work too, they look unnatural as they are now.

I’ll also note that there are plenty of awkward animations and many faces don’t seem complete yet, but I wont criticize those when talking about the models themselves and the look the game is going for.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand why people think the NE archer is weird. She stands upright in her idle animation then goes back to bending down. She is suppose to be stealthy, not an upright brawler.

To understand the Hippogryph look at the gryphon. This baby bird sparrow. Even worse the Hippogryph rider is a mess.

I would small fix things by removing the armor off the hippo, and having the armor when it has a rider to show the difference. Like I said the rider is a mess because you can’t see her with the antlers in the way. A 2nd way I would distinguish the 2 is the hippo as it is with its head up, and the rider with the hippos head down so you can see her.

night elf archer for not being accurate and the ugly paladin

1 Like

Night Elves’ Druid of the Claw shrinking into the size of a housecat doesn’t fit right with me. In the original Warcraft 3, the Bear Form was actually a little bit on the “big” side of things, but in a good way- it made the Bear look like the burly tank that it is supposed to be.

Now it kind of looks like the Druid is actually shrinking even more small than his original 150 lb. mass.

The change I would make would simply be to have the bear form be about 25%-50% larger than it currently is. The bear form certainly doesn’t need to be the size of the old Anub’Rhekan or anything freakish like that- but I believe it does need to be a tad bit bigger .

1 Like