"Failed to retrieve data"

Comes up after every ranked play game. I have played 9 games but still have to play placement matches because it says I have only played 2 games. I like the feel of this new patch and it’s honestly a great content update. Thank you for putting time into this Blizzard. The menus feel sharp as well.

It is, however, a bit ironic that the one thing this patch was supposed to bring (ranked play) doesn’t work:(.

17 Likes

Same here.

Same. it’s my 4th game and still nothing.

no record of any game,more than 10games+ what happen?

I played the 3v3 ladder game all night. There was no record of any game. The ranking game is still 0

Same here :disappointed:

Same here. What a mess! (again).

I have the same issue after playing 5 games in solo queue and achieving a rank, 100th, now I’m hard stopped! I just won a hard fought ranked game against a top 100 player, and instead of a better MMR my game resulted in a failed to retrieve data. Thanks Blizz, please fix this crap.

Two games in a row failed to retrieve data, what the heck Blizzard!

I played two nights and nothing

Same here. I played many Times and always it says « failed to retrieve data » and i get no Ranking

It’s a known issue.

Stickied thread in this section.

According to the devs the matches are still being recorded and should show up after the issue is addressed.

1 Like

They believe it is recorded…

By the way, i lost 5 Games in a row and i am playing against better and better opponents. Is it going to be fixed too?

we call such people “smurfs.” No patch can fix smurfs.

The matches were recorded and now show up with the update released just now as of this post.

-edit- I’m still not getting the results right after a match, although results from games I played several hours ago have now shown up.

Also happening to me. I think I have played 15 placement matches and only 4 have counted towards my placement.

13days later- same issue.

18 days later still the same issue. Can’t get a single game recorded for like 4 days already.

1 Like

I feel like they only tested 1v1 and called it a day. Ranked is more or less working correctly in 1v1. But in all team modes and FFA, everything ranges from sporadically to completely busted. Especially in 4v4 it’s a race to the bottom with nobody getting wins lol

Edit: Today I gained MMR in a 4v4 for the first time ever lol

(hopefully this helps my detractors realize that yes, I’m frustrated too)

1 Like