Facebook Reforged?

So Wlizer was right. There IS something wrong with you.

They actually did very beautiful games… in the 80s^^

Only beautiful if people like yourself are playing :).

No such thing. Call of Duty last ended with a quarter prototype known as Call of Duty 4, meaning the other 3 quarters were another anonymous group. It didn’t finish properly, and a lot of it was just too much for the modern gamer.

Again, companies are not people. If you continue to view it that way, you jeopardize opportunities for yourself and others.

There is only one way in life. Hard techie & Logic, then money proceeding.

Come on, The Last Ninja was a breakthrough…^^
It was way ahead of that time.

What are you talking about?

Check it and you’ll know it

What? Are you sure you’re a Winter Dryad?

Or the cold “Your Drink” guy?

1 Like

Yes, it’s me.^^ “The check it and you’ll know it” was a real invitation to check that game. In the 80s Activision was the Blizzard of the 90s.

After more than 30 years their titles still ring a bell.
When you saw the Activision logo it was like hearing the Blizzard logo forming.
Then, it seems, they got lost in the way too.

It’s like when Disney bought Lucasfilm after they did Indiana Jones 4 and Episode I.
Don’t be surprised if sooner or later Blizzard will be bought by Disney too…

Now there’s a potential answer. Though I dispute that being able to monitor everything you do, even in single player, is necessary “in order to profit off of you”. The simplest reason against this is because it wasn’t necessary back then, and just because companies have the capability and may want to now doesn’t make it necessary. But that doesn’t have to mean no monitoring. A lot was already possible to monitor since the Battle.net part of a game had to be online. For single player they can use player submitted feedback along with their own testing to make changes. They could also use optional (opt-in or opt-out) monitoring, or only for those that do have a connection.

Another reason is that Blizzard does not always require this. “Classic” Starcraft, which is compatible with the Remastered version, was made free to play and does not require logging in or connecting unless you want to play on Battle.net. The Remastered version only requires you to connect and log in once every 30 days or so, similar to Reforged and some other Blizzard games with single player.

The real or bigger reason is more likely for DRM to prevent piracy of paid content. But I also think that’s unnecessary and could instead be accomplished by a one-time authentication when you first install the game, and also whenever you want to update or play online.