Facebook Reforged?

1. Why do I have to log in to see the main menu?

2. Why do I have to have a network connection for the Lion account doors to open?

3. Why do the account name and password fields only appear when you get my network signal?

4. Why is the main menu cascaded on the left, and the chat channel is on the right? The right is always the most dominant.

5. Why is the chat channel a miniature Inbox chat?

6. Why are there no terminal commands, and I have to have 1 mini window in the corner for Friends interaction?

7. Why does the Network company that originally provided the service seem to want no business affiliation with you?

8. Why did you port all of the graphics straight from World of Warcraft?

9. Why do the best maps not work, and everyone is certain that the Report button is a shiny green button for all of your needs?

10. Why after 5 games of people outraged either leaving without a care, or spamming your mailboxes; do you still not clean up this mess of a business?

11. Why is the main vision of the company since The Burning Crusade era seeming to be “Put off all business tradition, put off all culture, put off all the majority populace of Gamers, make as much fast money for headphones and microphones”?

12. Why is this not publicly pinned with all the Forum & public eye services halted, with a proper set of steps to show you at least have completed Grade 11 business?

I do not want to get some “Hi, I am an Admin”, I do not want some “Moved this to this section! :)”, as if you move your hand towards a person in real life that is considered Assault.

Where is the actual action happening? This is a completely dormant game, and this Forum seems to have been made by people that have never used them before. Is Automation the only way to run a company?

Think about your guys image, the idea of a wine soaked aristocrat that thinks himself to be #1. “Oh yes, this Wine is amazing my friend. You are the best. Surely such shiny pockets can bring us another round?”. These types of half flattering slurs have ruined people’s image.

Do things only seem temporary to you few who run this? Does life somehow not seem to have any sort of “next domino” in the trail of never ending fallen ones? Life goes on, the public talks. The common working man will say “Bah, Count Eduard, who needs em. I saw em lookin a little ill, comin out the Inn a little off center.”

“No! Fritz! You musn’t say this” will exclaim his wife, horrified at the consequences for Paris.

“S’what I saw dear. He seemed a little quick to put is’ tie on, just a little quick is all I’m saying.”

What exactly is being DONE. Emphasis on DONE, not just half get up with a pizza slice and half lie there getting yelled at. You guys do know you can get Audited for this?

1 Like

As long as you authenticate once in a while, you don’t have to. (Not sure of the length, rumor has it every 30 days, but I think it’s less.)

(Same as above)

Because without a connection to the service, they have no purpose.

Can’t answer a personal layout preference question.

So it doesn’t cover the whole right side of the screen? Click either of the two buttons to make it bigger or even huge. Then use the lock button to keep it that way.

Chat commands?

Do you mean the switch to Google? Is there a source that shows that was the specific reason? Or are you actually not sure what the reason was? Contract up? Better AI? Financial? Better tech? More reliable?

It’s not relegated to just the best maps. Any map, no matter its popularity, that has compatibility issues is going to have problems.

No idea what that is asking, or what it has to do with maps not working.

Not sure the last time you did any research, but in the gaming industry, the company is insanely profitable. The sample you’re basing your position off of is not random. You can’t base anything off of internet forums where the negative naturally concentrate. Quite obviously, there’s far, far more satisfied (or better) customers staying or joining to keep the company way in the black.

Welcome to all big corporations. Small mom & pop companies can do things however they want. Large, publically owned companies have to do what they are told by the share holders. It’s the same reason everyone complains about EA: they started small, got big and went public.

Don’t cut yourself on all that edge, DragonVizier.
Though, it sounds like you have completed 11 grade business, so be sure to apply for a position at Bliz so you can show the legions of academically and career trained business professionals how they’re doing it all wrong in your opinion.

Yeah, because the two scenarios are so the same.

I’m with you there. But like every attempt at “improving communication” across all the games I’ve been a part of, it starts off good, but always fades back to where it was.

Again, as I stated above, the company is profitable and it’s a big corporation. From a business stand point, nothing is being ruined.

1 Like

You’re not serious. You’re an employee?

2 Likes

Does someone need to be an employee to:

• Know how the login works?
  • Know how the chat window works?
  • Know how changing the game engine can affect previously made maps?
  • Google Blizzard’s financial status?
  • Know how companies evolves?
  • Ask you cite your sources?
  • Call out your non-equivalencies?
  • Call out your superior business acumen?
  • Agree with you on their bad communication?

No, DragonVizier. No one would need to be an employee to know or do any of that.

But following your lead, you’re not a competitor’s employee? (Am I playing your game correctly?)

1 Like

Why do you look for logical reasons when the answer is simply “bad choices”?
And to the question “why do people make bad choices?” the answer is simply “ignorance” or “some other hidden gain you cannot see” or “not enough interest” or “lack of money” or whatever else you can imagine…

2 Likes

You are being obnoxious, and I cannot believe that there were 2 people that actually came into a thread to defend the Facebook community. It was a rotten world, full of lot of sneaky ill favoured people.

You seem to be only looking for a fight, none of the above was actually answered correctly, and your posts are difficult to read. I don’t recall ever seeing those original World of Warcraft guys like Ghostcrawler, all these other Comic Con people ever in a Warcraft game list. We took a lot out of our day to get on that, and it’s appalling to see someone stroll in for a quick buck.

Still awaiting for someone self disciplined enough to answer properly. Like it or not, like me or not, Business is Business. It has standards, protocols and a lot of old tradition. If you don’t follow it, you will be left behind.

And again, I am not sure how many people of you are writing at keyboard.

2? I don’t even have facebook^^ It is not hard to realize that this game is bad cause they could not do it properly. Then again, if you are asking why, no one really knows, just find the reason you like most…
To be honest, from this:

I can say you got good chances to get hired from Blizzard and work on the next reforged too^^
(hint: look at your browser’s bookmarks…)

Because if you don’t increase profit every single year, the shareholders are going to fire the managers, duh.

Quality of hate post´s decreasy month by month…

What is your story, where did you suddenly came here? Do you even mean warcraft or did you just play farmville from facebook and got upset it got removed?

1 Like

How am I supposed to take something like You’re not serious. You’re an employee? What were you trying to do with that one-liner reply? Make friends? My 2nd reply to you was specifically to address that little gibe. If you are going to push people, be ready for them to push back.

With a statements like that, it shows that you’re not even reading the responses. Instead, you’re simply dismissing anything/everything that counters your position. You’re waiting for someone to answer how you want them answered.

Using your first question as an example, you really think that you can’t get to the main menu without logging in? You can. In fact, that’s how people play the game offline.

My 2nd reply could be a bit hard to make out. I edited it.

They are not fit to be shareholders. Break it off with them, not that by the sound of that; anyone in shareholding today seems to be done 1st Semester…

Again, nobody gets fired in real life. If you’re the joke of that city sector maybe yeah…but friends in employment and friends in dating are the same thing. Doesn’t have to be that you go back home sour faced, if they are close to you and working under you then you can very well explain things correctly to them.

They can still provide some kind of basic work, and if not they have to be able to face their skill level is not enough. Always it is proportionate to that kind of friend you keep, and what their actual ability for social events are. If they grovel over things, they aren’t going to be long lasting friends. This is not just the grown up world, this was life even in Grade 1.

P.S. Pretty much, nobody older than me is able to really tolerate the insult of this update having been forced (again, going to the Comic Convention doesn’t make you interested in your customers). The least we can get is the original UI returned, with the entire vanilla copy and the installation folders restored back to the normal file structure.

Are you implying that employment and dating are the only two opportunities for friends in life?

Listen, DragonVizier. I think that you are trying to ask some important questions. We are all passionate about this game. I know because we are still here.

But it would help a lot if you were more patient with us and offered us further insight into what you are trying to ask.

I just really do not empathasize with nor understand what this text quoted above is trying to say. Are you saying that when you go on a date, you see it as an employment opportunity for inferiors who should “work under you”? Every time that I read what you have written I cannot help but imagine that it has some meaning that is beyond me.

Let’s take the topic back to Warcraft III. To be honest when I play video games I would rather to forget dating even exists because of how irrelevant it is to the game.

You have asked many questions. The game menu was designed to be a web portal login now because this is how it must be done. In order to profit off of you, all modern game development companies need your computer to contact them every time that you launch the game. In this way, they are able to measure the number of users who play the game in an accurate way. Without this sort of monitoring, profiting off of you becomes incredibly difficult, because there is no data regarding which part of the game you engage with the most often.

A lot of your other questions have other similar logical answers. Even if these are not the design decisions you would have made because you fancy yourself as a philanthropist and believe that the game is so valuable to you that you would run the company into the ground financially for love of the game, I think that it is a bit extreme to expect the leaders of a major corporation to do the same.

1 Like

Mmm I could tell you something about that but nvm^^
When he says “nobody gets fired in real life” concerns me more tbh…

1 Like

I am not stating any implications here, nor opening up any doors for a friendship on my end.

I am not sure who you are.

I have never understood the meaning of the word empathy, but I do understand the meaning of sympathy :).

A date is not only restricted to what you mean with romance, it can be simply a marked time of importance for both a working man or working woman. And the term of “working under”, is more referring to under one’s wing as they say. A Svengali it is referred to.

I am not trying to be two timing in anyway whatsoever, however I do still stand that either a romantic date or regular date are both potential employment opportunities. Anywhere is an employment opportunity!

I prefer to not deviate off of the subject. This was not provided, but more so protested.

Courtship is real, and nothing stops existing when we enter a game world.

Again, I am not discussing that matter. This does not need to be addressed, if your product is not good; your business will have to be plugged. It’s simple.

Great pioneers don’t just land from antenna beams, expecting easy tree bark!

The above as stated prior, I am not purchasing any corporate advice from you.

It seems like then something is wrong with you.

1 Like

this forum is 100% pure poison because or ridiculous statements like that^, the fact people bring politics and philosophical debates here is pathetic

its 2020 and you dont understand why you are forced to login to your account to play a game? have you been asleep the past 20 years? do you still think its the 1990s? have you ever watched or read anything related to sci-fi or the future of society? or do you just sleep under a rock

why havent you actually looked into running legacy versions of the game? based on your comment about “the best maps dont work” tells me you probably want to play old custom maps, so if thats the case then learn how to do some research on how to run legacy editions of the game

its like WTF is wrong with people? you come in here only to insult people about how much education this company has, yet you dont have the ability to figure out how to run older custom maps on older patches??

this is the problem with society, everybody wants things handed to them without having to put forth any effort… OP stop writing books full of complaints and learn to ask politely for help fixing the issue of how do you run older maps on older patches

but obviously you cant do that, which is why you are a year late to the party… Reforged isnt new so its kinda stupid how you are asking all those questions which the majority of people all discovered last year lol

first of all, those 2 separate questions are unrelated… why are they both labelled #9? seems like a mistake an 8th grader could fix o.O

but in all seriousness… why didnt you just ask for help running older maps instead of making yourself look like a giant child with all your uneducated questions?

no shet, but Retera is one of the most helpful members of our community lol… you might know that if you were somebody who was actually a fan of wc3 online, but it seems like offline gamers are far more toxic than online gamers… I mean how do you act like such a know-it-all telling people what grade they belong in, when you cant even ask for help correctly? lmao

too late, you deviated from your real questions directly in your title… try deleting this thread, create a new account so nobody knows who you are, and create a new thread that politely asks for help running older patches, then you wont have to write a book full of complaints and argue with people for weeks on end :slight_smile: how absurdly ridiculous of a concept is that?

you know whats more important than your old custom maps? how about the fact blizzard removed ranked ladder, clans, profiles, etc and still havent brought them back, or removed most of the enhanced campaign features but that doesnt bother you… how come all my old icons and stats didnt transfer over to the new game? how come I lost all that stuff yet I can still continue enjoying the game?? and yet you act like you were the only one that was wronged? i dont think so

theres something really weird with the way you talk lol… advice is free and its public, especially anything you find online… if you have paid for advice in the past, then boy were you taken advantage of LOL

believe it or not Iv actually helped train thousands of new players in this game over the years, and I never once asked for any money from them so, maybe its just karma thats against you

1 Like

What is it you are trying to say? I’m not sure if you’ve had drinks, but this is very offensive.

P.S. I am not here to talk about the maps. Again, I’m not pirating the game and connecting to a 3rd party network service for hosting private matches.

I’m aware they are fun, but I prefer to pay for my games.

Again, I’m not sure why this was perceived as the thread intention.

I’m not sure what it is you want, but I am not providing help to you with your problems. The time for any of those complaints was back in December, when there weren’t junkbots flooding the forum with 20 posts a minute.

A simple second thread URL linked to this one would suffice for complaints of those. There should only be 2 threads here in this forum right now, and 1 other in the Feedback section for the Forum’s graphical layout. This is not a usable Forum.

Again, this is not something you were needed to write in. I’m not sure who asked you to come here, but I will say one thing to say the least:

Blizzard is very sketchy about being audited. Makes you wonder why game platforms now are selling games cybernetically only? Perhaps because they pirated the game content? I find it hard to believe all of these different companies provided their games :O.

excuse me? who said anything about pirating… did you never purchase the original RoC or TFT games prior to Reforged? obviously the answer is yes if you want to play older custom maps, so if you did then theres nothing illegal about re-installing the legacy version on an older patch many people do it

my god people are weird

because all you are doing is complaining and arguing about semantics… out of all your “questions” that you listed almost all of them are simple to figure out for yourself, and yet multiple people already answered all your questions and yet your continuing to complain and argue about “dating” and you cant see how unnecessary that is?

so the only thing left that actually has any relevance to your ability to enjoy the game is the fact that certain older maps no longer work… but the fact of the matter is you have chosen to complain and argue instead of solving the issue at hand

I didnt ask for your help, I pointed out legit problems that need fixing… the only problem you could possibly help with is the deletion of this thread cuz its just complaints and non-sense for no reason

you still cant provide anything thats actually on topic here… you titled the thread Facebook which is just absurd, and you complain about always-online DRM despite the fact that I just explained to you how you can avoid the always-online DRM by running legacy versions of the game… which you ridiculously refer to as piracy for some stupid reason

now you just sound like a hypocrite… lmao learn to take your own advice fool… also, there was way more spam around here a year ago, the forums are dead now so idk where you get this crap about junkbots zzz

audited? you run their bank accounts? how do you know this? wtf

cybernetically lmao… most people call it “digital downloads” but again are you new to the year 2020? digitally downloaded online games have existed for over a decade now, even consoles have gone almost all digital and movie theaters are dying bro!

are you serious right now? anybody with a brain knows that Blizzard did not pirate WC3… now technically Nintendo has sold roms and emulators, but thats not the same thing as what you just tried to claim… so clearly you are out of your mind lol

the fact of the matter is, the people that created blizzard and wc3 no longer work for the company, thats the cold hard truth and nothing will ever change it, activision sucks and everybody knows it, so can we stop with this ridiculous need to hate on the game for stupid reasons? because many fans are still able to enjoy wc3 despite activision destroying blizzard

and in all seriousness? WoW was the downfall of blizzard cuz paying a monthly subscription to a game for 10-15 years and giving a single company more money than most countries is just asking for trouble, WoW was always one of the worst thing to ever happen to the gaming industry

1 Like

I will say no more, other than that I have no problems whatsoever with Activision. I have always loved them, and never had any issues dealing with them before.

They date back to the era of Hasbro, Ubisoft, Monolith, Sierra, and several others.

you must not have kept up with activision in the past 15 years then, cuz they have been churning out clone after clone of CoD for a long time