Extremely low FPS on menus

I added the “Blizzard Browser.exe” into Nvidia control panel. Told it to use Nvidia gpu. Things run smooth now. I mistakenly added the “blizzardbrowser” for Heroes of the Storm at first. Causing me to think it didnt work. Then I realized the mistake. Careful.

1 Like

Interesting find, unopinionatd! Thanks for sharing. I’ll add this to the list of possible workarounds in the mean time :slight_smile:

This worked for me thank you!

I would do it but my nvidia doesnt let me set a prefered gpu for specific programs.

Going to post 2 screenshots I found online which describes my situation better.

https://gyazo.com/3ffca20bba0039b739c589675c021d45 this is how it should be

https://gyazo.com/4108504e99b66ea788d4b115e389f89b this is how mine is

Its not a blizzard problem though, it has something to do with nvidia, I guess. So I have to disable intel integrated via driver manager if I want menus to be faster

You can make the change in Windows instead. Just type “Graphics Settings” into the windows search.
1.Browse
2.Find BlizzardBrowser.exe in reforged install location and click “Add”
3. Click options, choose your GPU, Save.

Thanks for the reply. However I tried that a week ago when I first realised nvidia settings didnt work for me.

It didnt work either, for some reason. According to my research, it didnt for many people(for various programs, not just blizzardbrowser.exe)

Edit: For the record, what I did was this, but for the correct blizzardbrowser.exe thats in Warcraft III>retail>x86_64>blizzardbrowser>blizzardbrowser.exe: https://www.howtogeek.com/351522/how-to-choose-which-gpu-a-game-uses-on-windows-10/

1 Like

Worked for me! Thank you so much.

Disabling “Intel HD Graphics” in Device Manager worked for me, I’m not on a laptop. FPS in menu is now smooth omg finally… Looks like BlizzardBrowser.exe is not slamming my CPU anymore either.

I couldn’t chat, browse games, or anything before this; the 5 fps in menu was basically giving me depression lol. Very happy now, thanks.

Disabling my Intel Graphics also worked for me, but because I use a laptop, I can’t use this method.

Playing like this is really unconfortable and close to not doable for me. It would be quite nice to get information from the developers on this problem, since many people seem to have it.

1 Like

In the beta we had the option to chose which video card the game to run on and it fixed the issue. For some unknown Blizzard brilliance, that option has been removed upon release. Why? Nobody knows.

I’m running the game on 16" MacBook Pro with 5300M. This GPU is more than enough to run this game. In-game I have smooth framerate, however in menu it is a slide show.

I’m only hoping ‘new tech’ that is needed to fix the issue is complete, native main menu overhaul instead of Chromium?

I set my Nvidia Control Panel to use the GeForce GPU for BlizzardBrowser. Unfortunately, it didn’t change anything. No better, but also no worse.

1 Like

Another patch, another nothing on the subject.
The handling of the matter is below my lowest expectations…

1 Like

will blizz ever fix this s***t ???
after all, the problem is not going to be solved by constantly ignoring the topic

So decided to finally to purchase and give Warcraft 3 Reforged a shot. Its been 8 months at least since release, surely all those bugs and problems people were complaining about back then are gone and I can enjoy a well polished nostalgic journey back to the good old days in my youth… hold up. As soon as I get to the main menu I am greeted with this mess. I have a GTX 1060 which should be fine. I read I can disable my integrated graphics, but because I have a laptop, I don’t think this is possible as my computer doesn’t like it. Have tried various Nvidia settings and tweaks to no avail. Come Blizzard, its been 8 months FFS.

Same here with a Radeon Vega 16 on an i9 MacBook Pro.
I can play WoW and D3 in 4K at constant 60fps but W3 menus still can’t render properly… :sob:

On Mac we can force using dedicated GPU (Radeon) by disabling this :

System preferences > Energy saver > Automatic graphics switching

But that doesn’t make any difference… still very low FPS

so still not fixed …

2 Likes

I’m sorry @Caterpepi but I’m not sure we have the same understanding for “it won’t be that long” - it’s been 3 months since your post and we see nothing mentioned in any patches whatsoever.
The only solution that kind of works for me is the “trick” with disable/enable the integrated video adapter, but seriously… every time I do that I feel like I’m playing a game from the 90’s and god forbit that I exit the game and decide to start it again…
In short- please provide us with some info on the matter.
Thank you!

4 Likes

whats up ? new patch on and this is still not fixed !??!?!? @ blizzard ???

3 Likes

Ive just been hit with this issue and now wc3 is unplayable. The menu lag is horrendous and after loading a custom game, it crashes and makes me restart wc3. I doubt they will fix this any time soon by the looks of it.

2 Likes

ive seen complains on low FPS in warcraft 3 reforged, even when the user had a good graphic card. I tried many things, but this surely helpled. This is how it works, BEFORE you turn on the game, go to device manager and disable integrated graphic card, then ENTER the game and the game will be very laggy, go back to device manager when the game is still open in the background, and enable device manager again. This dramaticially increased my fps, i dont know why this is a thing