Extremely low FPS on menus

I can confirm that BlizzardBrowser.exe uses Intel Graphics instead of the dedicated GPU to render the menu. Disabling the driver as @Johaylon suggests immediately fixes the problem. For me however, it means that I can’t use my third monitor, so it’s not a fix. I only have two display ports on my GPU.

I tried to assign my dedicated nVidia GPU to the BlizzardBrowser.exe process as suggested (nvidia settings -> 3D settings -> Applications), with no difference.

Hope this helps someone or the dev team.

2 Likes

That’s interesting and good to know, Infinite! Thanks for confirming this with us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It seems that the issue has been identified. However, for laptop users, disabling the integrated graphics is not really an option.
What are the chances of seeing this issue resolved along with the implementation of the upcoming patch (currently in PTR)?

Thank you!

Dire,

We don’t code the game, but the information has been forwarded. We don’t currently have an ETA on a fix, but we’ll certainly share any updates we get at this thread.

2 Likes

I play on a laptop, I have low FPS on menus but when I desactivate integrated GPU it’s worse ! My GPU is a “Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650” and my iGPU is “AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics”. I have sent my DxDiag.

This work for me !

4 Likes

Yup, this worked for me as well.

1 Like

I’m on an iMac and no Intel graphics inside only Radeon Pro 580 8 GB on board, around 10FPS in the main menu.

This is an era when Blizzard’s games have poorly coded menu. Why would you run it on Chromium on a separate process? That’s ridiculous. Using native rendering this bitmap based menu could run FASTER than the old 3D scene from 2003. You basically decided to use SPRITES instead of full 3D and you ALSO made it slower and more complex. XD

Thanks man, this works.

I ever had the feeling the problem must be in the Nvidia driver stack. But change the configs to force this .exe files on Nvidia gpu ui doesn’t help. Blizzards what’s the prob to fix this problem, now we’re on Juni 2020 and it’s doesn’t seems fixed nowadays, are you kidding me?

Hey Blizz, a suggestion.

Since we know this is all due to the Menu being a Chromium app, the core issue is probably Chromium blacklisting the GPU for its own arcane reasons and thus defaulting to software rendering.

It would be really helpful if there was a command line option to pass “–ignore-gpu-blacklist” setting down to the Chromium engine, at least as a temporary remedy for those who still struggle.

1 Like

Since the latest patch i have gotten the same problem and none of the suggestions i find works… Have send the report now and hope it get fixed soon :frowning:

I fixed my problem… in my case my NVIDIA grafik card was making my game menu lag and i have to use the integrated INTEL insteed

Another patch and yet no fix for this issue. Utterly disappointing!!

2 Likes

Thank you for the reports and files sent to us so far. We should be good on system files sent to us and these have been added to our tracking. I went ahead and removed the file request earlier on.

We are still actively tracking this issue, but due to this issue needing new technology, there’s no ETA on when this may be resolved yet. Our team is aware of the problem and working on getting this new technology available to resolve the Menu FPS issues. We’ll continue to provide updates when available regarding the Menu FPS issues.

1 Like

I dont want to be too greedy here, but if not ETA itself, can we at least get a vague idea of the ETA? Like a year? 2 years? etc :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers for the info by the way!

@Johaylon I personally hope it won’t be that long, but we can’t provide a guaranteed ETA at the moment. Our team would need the new tech first and run through some testing before we have a definite answer on an ETA or a patch to fix this. We’ll provide updates here on the matter when we have more information to share :slight_smile:

The same issue with MacOS running into this is also awaiting on the new tech at the moment as well, so once we have the new tech in place, both Windows and MacOS systems should be fixed up!

2 Likes

Same problem here.

I added the “Blizzard Browser.exe” into Nvidia control panel. Told it to use Nvidia gpu. Things run smooth now. I mistakenly added the “blizzardbrowser” for Heroes of the Storm at first. Causing me to think it didnt work. Then I realized the mistake. Careful.

1 Like

Interesting find, unopinionatd! Thanks for sharing. I’ll add this to the list of possible workarounds in the mean time :slight_smile: