Extremely low fps in WC3 classic

I need help with a problem regarding extremely low fps (and feels like extreme mouse lag) in WC3 classic. I have used CD keys from RoC and TFT, installed reforged via the bnet app.
Menu feels fluent, but in-game runs between 7-12 fps
Changing graphics settings to low or lower definition have no influence on the fps.
No Vsync, no mouse precision, maximum fps limit.

My computer is quite new, Ryzen 5600X, Nvidia RTX 3060ti, 8 gb DDR4 RAM and such, no performance issues in any other game including other Blizzard games through the bnet app (OW2, SC2 both >200fps on 1080p max graphics settings).
All drivers are updated.

I have tried changing native fullscreen and the API (opengl2) through shortcut commands, closing every 3rd party program including web browser, allocating maximum priority for performance in the task manager, no effect.
I see an extremely low CPU and GPU usage in task manager while running the game, about 0,5-2%.

What is wrong? Please help me.

2 Likes

Same here! Please help, thanks Blizzard

Are you kidding? I have lower specs than that and get 130 fps on Reforged HD graphics high fidelity display at 4K with multiple other monitors plugged in. Is your computer broken?

Edit: It’s been a couple of years since I checked, but when I bought my 2080Ti+Ryzen 2700x rig, the machine was able to pump out 240 FPS on Warcraft 3 classic quite handedly. Then I tried my 2009 computer with some old intel i7 processor and an AMD Radeon 6850 gpu to compare and the 2009 machine was able to pump out 240 FPS on Warcraft 3 classic just the same. But those stats were before the Reforging, back in the 2017-2018 era.

Maybe your computer is not using 3060TI as the main cpu for the game? I’m not totally sure but I guess this sometimes happens if your computer happens to be a laptop and the laptop tries to run the game using the integrated gpu or something like that?

Do you have a laptop like Asus Tuf type?
Are you sure that game is running on 3060ti and not on internal graphic card?
Because you have 2x, one 3060ti and another internal. Some game are running on 3060 others just stick to internal - do not know why, if this is the case for you than you can thank to Asus as well.

Tip: Try same game and before connect the laptop to an external screen. Maybe you will be surprised…

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Main Thread] Low FPS Poor Performance Patch 1.36 (May 2023)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.