EU Grid Keybinds

Hi! Is it possible to have EU version of Grid, in most countries Z is Y location on keyboard making Grid version useless for us. I know i can change layout to make it US, but then when i type Z it will be Y and many others buttons wont function in my case. Thanks!

I haven’t looked but I expect you will be able to find a customkeys.txt file online somewhere that will work for your keyboard layout. Searching on reddit for ‘wc3 keybindings’ would be a good start.

There is an file here in the Document folder: Document/Warcraft III/War3Preferences.txt
Try to find something like [Commandbar Hotkeys 00]
and you can change the Hotkey in this setting file to customize your custom grid hotkey
the position to index for command bar hotkey is:
00 | 01 | 02 | 03
10 | 11 | 12 | 13
20 | 21 | 22 | 23
For Inventory Bar, it is
00 | 01
02 | 03
04 | 05
For the hotkey code, ‘A’ is 65, ‘B’ is 66, etc.
You can search “Vkey” online and find corresponding keycode for each key (remember to convert hex code to decimal code)

3 Likes

I can’t seem to find this anywhere in the War3Preferences.txt. Have it been removed lately or am I doing something wrong?

2 different posts and both times you ignore the link I posted to the full guide explaining very easily how to setup hotkeys… lol

I did not ignore your link. Someone already explained to you why there still is a problem, maybe you ignored that? From Alexgaby: @wc3tutor
you don’t get it. I have QWEA/RSDF/ZXCV with custom hotkeys text file exactly from that reddit post, but it only works for default melee and campaigns. Custom maps and campaigns will not work with it since the text file is only for normal units and abilities. The grid options can be used on any map, with any buttons, but you can’t swap buttons so you can only have QWER, you can’t have QWEA,

Hi all, I’ve found the solution.

In the Documents\Warcraft III folder open the War3Preferences.txt find this:

[Commandbar Hotkeys 20]
HeroOnly=0
Hotkey=90
MetaKeyState=0
QuickCast=0

Change the Hotkey=90 to 89.

Tested.

You are welcome :slight_smile: