Druid of the Claw with ranged attack

the melee caster runs forward and becomes easy prey. Maybe make him a long-range attack?

Ye and make him air aswell. Maybe chaos attack too?

4 Likes

Bears are the only tier 3 melee unit that can be “pre-made” in tier 2.
Aboms/taurens/knights can only be made after tier3 is reached.
DOTC can be made in tier 2 and after a 35 second master research in tier 3 you can shapeshift a ton of bears already near the enemy.

Bears also have the shortest build time, 5 seconds faster than aboms and 9 sec faster than taurens.

That all is without mentioning Rejuvenation and Roar which are available at tier 2.
DOTC also has heavy armor type in druid form instead of Unarmored type as other casters so they are more resilient vs piercing/siege which is main bane of casters in tier 2.

DOTC is an amazing unit and they really do not need any buffs.

6 Likes

How exactly are claws ranged? Or should he amputate one of his hands, throw it at the enemy, then regen and all over again :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Magic. It’s not like the Druids of the Talon have staves that can naturally fire magic projectiles. Or their raven forms, for that matter.

Ok then make Ghouls be able to transform into Aboms on t2 so UD can get a proper melee unit and be able to make use of vampiric aura! Also fix Abom colission size while you are at it and improve their stats so they can compete with bears and Knights!

Great idea guys pat yourself on the back!

3 Likes

If only the caster had some sort of tougher form, like a bear, to shapeshift into.

Or a rejuvenation-like spell to heal wounds with.

Before playing wc3 I couldn’t imagine a wild boar with range attack. But beastmaster’s quilbeasts throw something (I dunno what) with a good range.

2 Likes

I would rather they add a toggle to disable attack/a-move. Gargs need this vs ground too, so they can properly engage air.

1 Like

You wont believe me but early in RoC development Abominations were created by transforming a couple of ghouls. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They have quills in their backs that they shoot to targets.

1 Like